VERTICAL-LIFE STATS
Members
Total ascents
Ascents last 30 Days
Ascents last 24 hours
Open forum

Climbing in spain

J V
I'm leaving for my first european trip (climbing or otherwise) with my girlfriend in 3 weeks for the next 3 months, which I'm stoked about - I was wondering if anyone had any good info about camping around barcelona climbing - also I was interested in visiting El Chorro but I can't seem to find much info regarding how to get there or where to camp - any info would be helpful - thanks
to get to el chorro you first go to malaga, from there you take the train to el chorro, only one a day or so, leaving in the evening.. then when you get off at el chorro station you turn right and start walking the road leading downhill... after maybe one or two minutes you will see a yellow house with some red on it (first house)...thats the refugio, pretty decent place to stay if you wanna make it cheap (6€ a night)... otherwise you can camp in the woods i suppose..
Get yourself the rockfax guide to spain. I've not done El Chorro myself but it shares the guide with Costa Blanca which is awsome! There's always tips on campsites, approaches and other useful info. Go to, to buy: http://www.planetfear.com
Hey John! El Chorro is a great climbing aerea in the south of spain, near a village call ARDALES. its only 50km from MALAGA (aprox) easy acces and 1000´s of routes and some boulders! all the area around "el chorro" got places to climb, Campillos 30km from el chorro has allot to offer!! you can find more info about "topos" "croquis" in this page: www.iespana.es have a nice trip and enjoy the south!!! andalucia there´s only one! / leandro
Hi, I come from Spain and i sincerely wouldn´t really choose El Chorro for such a trip. In my (and many others) opinion the best climbing areas in Spain are Siurana(pretty close to barcelona), Rodellar and Cuenca. all of them hare loaded with plenty of superb routes and the distance between them is less than 5oo km. The distance between El Chorro and Barcelona is about 1200 km. El Chorro is nice, but I would not invest too much time in there ("cheap" grades, and boring place) Visit Siurana and Rodellar anch choose between about 1000 mind-blowing climbs! Have a nice trip
By the way both El chorro, Siurana, Rodellar anc Cuenca have campings. The fee is abour 4-5 euros. Ask any spanish climber, they will be happy to help (if you are lucky they will guide you arround, many do so actually)
- -
carlos how long would it take to get to the climbing in huesca or rodellar from Zaragoza? thanks
take a look to www.worldtopo.com There you can find a lot of info
Bracelona - god!
I am trying to find links or information about bouldering in Spain. My girlfriend doesn't climb so this would be the easiest way for me to get on some rock while visiting Spain. Also is it easy to meet up with and climb with people if I come to the crags? As I don't have a climbing partner. Thanks
J V
P.S. - I ended up spending about a month in Siurana - it was amazing....
for boulder info: www.boulderup.com saludos desde el sur*
Hola amigos, a lot of information about climbing and bouldering can be found at www.desnivel.es . Just click on "Muy práctico/Escuelas Escalada" in the left column. If anyone is interested in bouldering in Soria (220 km north of Madrid) I have made a guide with more than 45 problems ranging from 2 to 7c (rock climbing grades), the guide comprises pictures and description of all the problems. I wrote the guide in english but one of my spanish friends has translated it into spanish (castillano). Since there are hundreds of blocks in the area the next edition will probably contain 100+ problems. Fuentetoba is a climbing site 10 km west of Soria with more than 120 bolted routes. If you show up in Soria I would be happy to take you to the different climbing places and introduce you to the local climbing club. We have a quite good rocodromo (indoor training hall) as well with approx. 300 m2 of bouldering on inclined walls and roofs. Places I can recommend in Spain are Morata de Jalon (between Soria and Zaragoza), Rodellar and Riglos. I havn´t been to El Chorro yet so I have no idea how it is there. Drop me a line at [email protected] if you want to know more about climbing in and around Soria. Climbing - no drug can take you higher
iF YOU COME DOWN TO THE COSTA BLANCA THEN YOU CAN CAMP WITH US AND YOU HAVE FULL USE OF THE HOUSE TV ROOM, BAR, KITCHEN ETC www.theorangehouse.net