GO TO GLOBAL SITE   se es us fr za it
de ca au no
at br ru ch
gb pl nl sk
Hem | Nyheter | Videos | Artiklar | Galleri | Klippor | Gyms | Sök - Tick List | Forum | Ranking | Blogs | Kontakt | Ny Medlem
Forum: SWE / News / 8A (B) by Isabelle Faus in Rocklands Login in to contribute
8A (B) by Isabelle Faus in Rocklands
OffLine 8a.nu
  2018-09-11 00:00:00    
Isabelle Faus has done Fragile Steps in Rocklands and gives is a personal grade of 8A. Originally it was considered as an 8B and still some do but lately both 8A+ and 8A have been suggested.

Isabelle is #2 in the 8a ranking game but with given it 8A+ she would have been #1. (c) Caroline Treadway
Click to Enlarge Picture
OffLine Bojan
  2018-09-11 15:17:48    
Some girl has 'guts' to finally say FS is never 8B ... and confirms the rumours it's probably not 8A+, either ;)
So I hope Isabelle would not become the most hated person in (womens') climbing community after 'ruining' so many great 'my first 8B' stories, including the one of the girl-we-all-know who many (not me!) believe has later also climbed 8C(!) as her only route harder than FS...
OffLine Scott Noy
  2018-09-11 17:36:48    
In Rocklands this season there was a discussion about Fragile Steps amongst some of top boulderers and this is the consensus.
1. About 2 seasons ago a new hold appeared in the middle of the boulder (not sure if it was chipped but more likely a flake was forcefully removed from the rail).
2. In its original form it was 8b and now it is 8a.
OffLine Bojan
  2018-09-11 21:20:33    
Can you be more specific when this new hold appeared?
AFAIK, all the girls before and after 2016 reported FS as 8B, except recently Alizée Dufraisse (8A+ hard) and now Isabelle (8A).