GO TO GLOBAL SITE   se es us fr za it
de ca au no
at br ru ch
gb pl nl sk
Home | News | Videos | Articles | Gallery | Crags | Gyms | Search - Tick List | Forum | Ranking | Blogs | Contact | New Member
Forum: GLOBAL / News / Six 8c+ in RRG by Hannes Puman Login in to contribute
Six 8c+ in RRG by Hannes Puman
OffLine 8a.nu
  2018-11-29 00:00:00    
Hannes Puman, #4 in the Euro Championship in 2017, has had an amazing trip to Red River Gorge doing six 8c+'. On the picture by Kristoffer Klev he is doing Pure Imagination but the best one was Golden Ticket.

Wow! So how do you like RRG and which was the best route and what about going for a 9a?
I like the Red, it's a nice place with a lot of cool routes. The general style is quite basic and the grades are often soft. My favorite route that I have climbed is The tube, the line is beautiful, the holds are nice and it climbs very well. When I did the madness cave in one day I onsighted two 8b+ but I haven't done any harder onsights than that.

I think there are two 9a's here but both of them look bad so I don't want to try them. In total i have done over 40 routes 8a and harder (guidebook grades). Grades and climbing 9a are not so important for me. Although it would have been awesome to do Biographie and Action Directe.
Click to Enlarge Picture
OffLine Joakim Thommesen
  2018-11-28 19:08:13    
Wow, most impressive. In Norway we have this concept called Persereiser, which would translate to something like Soft Tours, where the clients are guaranteed a new personal best, and I think we need to include the Red as our 2019 destination. Soft is the new black.
OffLine Joakim Thommesen
  2018-11-28 19:08:27    
Psyched