GO TO GLOBAL SITE   se es us fr za it
de ca au no
at br ru ch
gb pl nl sk
Home | News | Videos | Articles | Gallery | Crags | Gyms | Search - Tick List | Forum | Ranking | Blogs | Contact | New Member
Forum: GLOBAL / Editorial / Great progress for Asia Login in to contribute
Great progress for Asia
OffLine 8a.nu
  2018-11-12 00:00:00    
Over the years, Japan has become the most successful nation in the Lead and Boulder World Cup. In the Combined World Cup 2018, Japan male had four in Top-6 and the female three in Top-7. In male Bouldering, ten out of the Top-21 in the overall WC are from Japan.

Based on the Asian Championship, where as an example Japan did only get four male in Top-9, we can see that also other neighboring are coming strong. In the Combined YuFei Pan (18) from China was #3. It just might be that Asians will dominate in the future. South Korea has been one of the best countries in the world for a while but now also the youngsters from China and Hong Kong is knocking at the door. In a few years, it just might be that also these countries will advance high up in the rankings.

National Team Ranking Lead + Boulder in 2019
1. Japan 3 618
2. Slovenia 2 817
3. France 2 263
4. Austria 1 805
5. South Korea 1 313
Complete results
OffLine pbla4024
  2018-11-12 16:23:09    
In full history of IFSC world championships (L+B), Japan got two golds, five silvers and four bronzes. That does not look that successful. 
OnLine Jens Larssen
  2018-11-12 17:03:12    
Japan and Asia have a great trend and I think this will continue :)
OnLine Alan Little
  2018-11-15 08:21:59    
plba4024: you are conveniently ignoring the ten golds in the world cup L & B, which in the past was generally regarded more important & prestigious than the world championship (olympic combined fomat may have changed that this year)

Admittedly Akiyo Noguchi alone is half of her country's entire world cup overall medal tally
OnLine Jan V'
  2018-11-19 16:44:47    
Well I think problem is Jens not being able to express himself properly. What one means by saying "over the years"? As pbla 4024, I'd imagine that means over ALL the years wold cup and world champs exist. Thus, it's really arguable whether Japan is or isn't most succesful country in lead and boulder world cup.

If I'd think recently I'd write recently. It's big difference to say "recently, Japan has become the most successful nation in the Lead and Boulder World Cup."

@Alan Little you've missed pbla4024's point.