12 October 2017

Two 8c+ by Megos who will do more World Cups

Alex Megos continues his rampage and has done another two 8c+, Livin' Astro and LivinAstro Glide in Rumney. During the last two months he has now done eight routes 8c+ to 9a+ as well taking the silver in the Euro Bouldering Championship and finished #8 in Arco Lead WC, where he won the semifinal. What about stepping it up and going to Flatanger and Oliana and what about doing more WC Comps and the Olympics? I'm not planning on going to Flatanger any time soon. I'd like to go to Oliana though at some point since I haven't been there at all till now. That won't happen till next year though. Too much going on at the moment. Regarding the Olympics, that's still way too far away to make any decision and I haven't done enough comps yet to see if that's something I could enjoy doing again. So for next year my plan is to do as many WC's as I can to see I could imagine completing seriously again. I won't be able to do all the circuit because of other projects I've got too next year but I hope I'll be able to fit the majority of the WC's close by into my schedule. Concerning the Olympics I'm also not sure about the format yet. I haven't trained or done the Speed route yet and at the moment I'm more focused on lead and bouldering, although I do work on my general climbing speed though with my two trainers Patrick and Dicki from the Kraftfactory because we think it's something that will improve my climbing in general. And maybe that will result in a few speed climbing trainings I'll do at some point. As for now I'm not yet in the position to make a properly thought through decision.
2 comments
Sort by:
Date
Most commented
Jernej Kruder sends Martin Krpan (9a) sans knee pads

Jernej Kruder, who won the Boulder World Cup in 2018, has done Martin Krpan (9a) in Mišja Peč. “I would like to expose something here: I spent many tries on t…

Welcome to Vertical-Life Web

Six years after partnering with 8a.nu, we’re excited to announce the unification of the 8a.nu website and the Vertical-Life app into a single platform: Vertical…

Will Bosi repeats Return of the Sleepwalker (9A)

William Bosi has made the second ascent of Daniel Woods’ Return of the Sleepwalker (9A) in Black Velvet Canyon, after projecting it for 12 sessions. This was th…

Favorites
Katie Lamb makes history

Katie Lamb has become the first woman to climb 8C+ by completing Box Therapy (8C) in RMNP. Daniel Woods made the FA back in 2018, and only Drew Ruana and Sean B…

"It was dramatic to the very end." On the 8a finish of Project Big in Flatanger, Jakob Schubert explains that a horn broke and he was close to falling. The last three minutes of the video show just how much this climb means to him."This horn could have ended my career... This was the biggest mental …

Will Bosi repeats Return of the Sleepwalker (9A)

William Bosi has made the second ascent of Daniel Woods’ Return of the Sleepwalker (9A) in Black Velvet Canyon, after projecting it for 12 sessions. This was th…