25 November 2016

Sachi Amma changes horizon

Sachi Amma stopped competing after he won the World Cup in 2014. Next year he reached his goal to do ten routes 9a or harder. In 2016, he has slowly been shifting again and just stopped doing hard routes after a 9a+ in Flatanger this summer. (c) Sam Bié above Leonidio. "I can not find any value to be a better person by comparing myself with other climbers. That is why I stopped competing and climbing hard routes. Why do I need to be better than the others? I my case, I had strong beliefs that I am the tiniest concept of myself. I needed to cover this weakness by doing amazing things (winning comps or climbing hard) but I noticed that you will never be satisfied by being better than the others. Because the essential problems are just covered and they are still there. Please do not misunderstand that this way of thinking applies to all people. I think competition is very good way to learn yourself (And I know that lots of my friends who compete do it not just for winning....) I am pretty sure that comparing with others never gives you the real happiness. So what is your goal now? (10 seconds of silence) I do not know... I am in the maze of my life. Today the image of climbing, specially media's focus, is mostly about power, strong or crazy. It is masculine. But my point of view, human has a feminine side too which is like smooth or beautiful. If the balance of climbing becomes more feminine, it will be beautiful! But this new vision came to me after stop pushing myself and it is still an undeveloped area for me. And another vision is to createa place where climbers can show there passion and spirit, specially in Japan. There are not so many slideshows or film festival in Japan. I hope people who loves climbing (even if they are not strong) stands up more. I just want to get more ideas to enjoy and expand the potential of climbing. Could not Tokyo Olympics become a motivator for fame and sponsors again? I have thought about this a lot and first I did hesitate but, no. This huge topic let me think what I really want to do and it was not Olympics. So what is the next plan? I keep asking myself this all the time as I asked myself, "Why am I doing this?", when I was competitive... (10 seconds of silence)I will go to Spain for three weeks in December. But I do not know what I will climb. But I believe if I just keep being myself, life goes where I want to go!
9 comments
Sort by:
Date
Most commented
Jernej Kruder sends Martin Krpan (9a) sans knee pads

Jernej Kruder, who won the Boulder World Cup in 2018, has done Martin Krpan (9a) in Mišja Peč. “I would like to expose something here: I spent many tries on t…

Welcome to Vertical-Life Web

Six years after partnering with 8a.nu, we’re excited to announce the unification of the 8a.nu website and the Vertical-Life app into a single platform: Vertical…

Will Bosi repeats Return of the Sleepwalker (9A)

William Bosi has made the second ascent of Daniel Woods’ Return of the Sleepwalker (9A) in Black Velvet Canyon, after projecting it for 12 sessions. This was th…

Related

1. Patxi Usobiaga ESP - Jain Kim KOR 2. Ramon Puigblanque ESP - caroline ciavaldini FRA 3. Sachi Amma JPN - Angela Eiter AUT 4. Adam Ondra CZE - Natalija Gros 5. David Lama AUT - Yana Chereshneva RUS Final results It should be noted that Jain Kim was the only one to top out the first qualification r…

9a+ by Sachi Anma
17 December 2011

9a+ by Sachi Anma

Sachi Anma has made the first repeat of Chris Sharma's Pachamama, 9a+ in Oliana. "The best route in my life. I spend 7 days last year, 7 days this year. Harder …

Speculating about who will be top-ranked in the Lead World Cup 2012 is simply to list the rankings from 2011, adding also Sasha Digulian if she will do them all. 1. Jakob Schubert - Mina Markovic 2. Ramon J Puigblanque - Jain Kim 3. Sachi Amma - Maja Vidmar Here are the outsiders that are the top c…