1 November 2016

Es Pontas 9? by Jernej Kruder

Jernej Kruder has done the first repeat of Chris Sharma's Es Pontas in Mallorca. We have been promised the full story tomorrow once he wakes up after the big celebration party. Already three weeks ago he started to report about his Es Pontas challenge on Instagram and during the process he also onsighted The Weather Man 8a+ and a couple of 8a DWS. In 2014, the Slovenian was #2 in the Bouldering World Championship and together with 8C respectively 9a+ and also some impressing MPs, he was one of the best multi discipline guys out there already before his DWS success. Chris never graded it but agreed that it might be a 9b. (c) Kerstin Helbach
6 comments
Sort by:
Date
Most commented
Jernej Kruder sends Martin Krpan (9a) sans knee pads

Jernej Kruder, who won the Boulder World Cup in 2018, has done Martin Krpan (9a) in Mišja Peč. “I would like to expose something here: I spent many tries on t…

Welcome to Vertical-Life Web

Six years after partnering with 8a.nu, we’re excited to announce the unification of the 8a.nu website and the Vertical-Life app into a single platform: Vertical…

Will Bosi repeats Return of the Sleepwalker (9A)

William Bosi has made the second ascent of Daniel Woods’ Return of the Sleepwalker (9A) in Black Velvet Canyon, after projecting it for 12 sessions. This was th…

Related
Jernej Kruder sends Martin Krpan (9a) sans knee pads

Jernej Kruder, who won the Boulder World Cup in 2018, has done Martin Krpan (9a) in Mišja Peč. “I would like to expose something here: I spent many tries on t…

Jernej Kruder sent Martin Krpan (9a) in December without using kneepads to respect the first ascensionist and commented, “I would like to expose something here: I spent many tries on this one, because my endurance is pretty bad, but I chose not to use kneepads since I respect the first ascent. Using…

Jernej Kruder repeats La Bruja (9a)

Jernej Kruder has done the second ascent of Ignacio Mulero's La bruja (9a) in La Pedriza, which is protected both by bolts and trad gear. The 33-year-old Sloven…