23 September 2016

Chris Frick is peaking at 48

Chris Frick (48) started climbing in 1982. By doing Enfant de Bohème 8c at Basler Jura in 2015 and then Goldfinger 8c at Gimmelwald in August he reached a personal best. Some days ago he did his 300th route in the realm of the french eighth grade. - Progressing at 45+ is still possible. It's all about motivation and love for climbing. One can't neglect busy times with family, job, etc. But take care of yourself. Climbing means life quality. After a surgery (labrum fixation) four years ago I tried to redefine my climbing. Clear structure in days on and off helps as well as intelligent training including antagonist and stretching exercises. Most important was to get rid of so-called energy vampires in life, work and food. I found vegan nutrition works best for me. Weight control is now a piece of cake (-10 kg!). All this resulted in an energy blast that now holds on since two years. If you feel the fire inside, then go and live your dreams. Don't be stupid and say you're too old and get trapped in convenience and passiveness. To be still on is great. Enjoy life!
5 comments
Sort by:
Date
Most commented
Jernej Kruder sends Martin Krpan (9a) sans knee pads

Jernej Kruder, who won the Boulder World Cup in 2018, has done Martin Krpan (9a) in Mišja Peč. “I would like to expose something here: I spent many tries on t…

Welcome to Vertical-Life Web

Six years after partnering with 8a.nu, we’re excited to announce the unification of the 8a.nu website and the Vertical-Life app into a single platform: Vertical…

Will Bosi repeats Return of the Sleepwalker (9A)

William Bosi has made the second ascent of Daniel Woods’ Return of the Sleepwalker (9A) in Black Velvet Canyon, after projecting it for 12 sessions. This was th…

Related
Los Humildes pa Casa 8b+ by Chris Frick (52)

Chris Frick, who did his first 8b+, out of 12, in 1992, has done one more, Los Humildes pa Casa in Oliana. With 8c, always nearby where he lives in Basel, as hi…

Christian Frick has helped us with an article published in the 8a yearbook 2010. The Development of Ethics and Practice of sport climbing. Here are some other yearbook historical articles: Lynn Hill: The Great Debate Griffith: Ground-up bolting 1981 by Said Belhaj Arco Rockmaster 1987-2010 by Nichol…