11 August 2016

Jan Hojer and Michaela Kiersch Win Psicobloc 2016

Jan hojer and Michaela Kiersch have won the 2016 Psiobloc masters, where 16 male and female battled head to head. In fact, both Jan and Michaela won first the qualification and then took down all opponents on the 8a respectively 8b routes and in the final; it was like two photo finishes on the 17 meter wall. It is interesting that Jan was #2 in the Boulder World Cup last year and the runner-up, Nathaniel Coleman, was #4. Michaela did an 8b+ on her second go just few days after her victory. In the 4 hours video there were also some Olympic discussions. (c) Steve Rokks
1 comment
Sort by:
Date
Most commented
Jernej Kruder sends Martin Krpan (9a) sans knee pads

Jernej Kruder, who won the Boulder World Cup in 2018, has done Martin Krpan (9a) in Mišja Peč. “I would like to expose something here: I spent many tries on t…

Welcome to Vertical-Life Web

Six years after partnering with 8a.nu, we’re excited to announce the unification of the 8a.nu website and the Vertical-Life app into a single platform: Vertical…

Will Bosi repeats Return of the Sleepwalker (9A)

William Bosi has made the second ascent of Daniel Woods’ Return of the Sleepwalker (9A) in Black Velvet Canyon, after projecting it for 12 sessions. This was th…

Related
Florian Wientjes gets Off the Wagon (from the sit) 8C+

Florian Wientjes, who previously has done nine 8C's, reports on Insta that he has done Off the Wagon Sit (8C+) in Valle Bavona. "I started trying it on a short …

Jan hojer (16) has during the last two weeks done three 8b+ and Odd Fellow, 8c in Frankenjura. Jan was #3 in the European Youth Cup last year.

Jan hojer has flashed Darwin Dixit, 8b+ in Margalef. He also onsighted Photo-shot, 8b, there. In the 8a combined junior ranking game Jan is #3. Last year he was #2 among Juniors in the European Youth Cup.