5 August 2016

Naïlé Meignan (12) does Florida 8c (b+) in Rodellar

Naile Meignan, the youngest of five siblings, has done Florida 8c (b+) and shares her story. - After having done Inexia 8b+ in Rodellar in 2014, I wanted to try Florida 8c. This is a great route divided into two parts. A section of about twenty meters on small tufa with two hard movement in a good slope and then exit with a big boulder on small crimps, a little reachy for me. I tried it at the end of last summer's training camp with my club but I had to return with a huge disappointment. Anyhow, I knew inside that I could climb. During the first part of the school last year, I wanted to forget about it, too much disappointment. Then gradually the project was resumed and the middle of spring, after the return of climbing outdoors, I was again fully motivated. Then I had to negotiate with my parents to return to Rodellar despite family plans was elsewhere so only my mother and my sister could join me. After some calibration runs because I got taller and then just one try per day falling just below the chain and then bang, I did it. It makes me really great pleasure, a project about a year with ups and downs, doubts... but in the end it really is too good. My most beautiful route ever.
1 comment
Sort by:
Date
Most commented
Jernej Kruder sends Martin Krpan (9a) sans knee pads

Jernej Kruder, who won the Boulder World Cup in 2018, has done Martin Krpan (9a) in Mišja Peč. “I would like to expose something here: I spent many tries on t…

Welcome to Vertical-Life Web

Six years after partnering with 8a.nu, we’re excited to announce the unification of the 8a.nu website and the Vertical-Life app into a single platform: Vertical…

Will Bosi repeats Return of the Sleepwalker (9A)

William Bosi has made the second ascent of Daniel Woods’ Return of the Sleepwalker (9A) in Black Velvet Canyon, after projecting it for 12 sessions. This was th…

Related
Meignan siblings again including 8a's by Naïle (9)

The Meignan family has once again had a nice week in Rodellar where Naile Meignan (9), who two months ago did Esperit Rebeld 8b, has done two 8a's and onsighted…

The Meignan sibblings set a new family standard

Hugo Meignan has done Cosi fan tutti, 8c+ in Rodellar and he says it can even be 9a. "A tuffa broke about a month ago, adding a crux 3 fourth of the way up, ins…

8a+ by Naïle Meignan (10)

The Meignan family is on a trip to Margalef where Naïle did her third 7c onsight as well as redpoint Essau directa 8a+. Last year, the 10 year old did her first…