5 July 2016

9a FA by Thomas P. O'Halloran in Blue Mountains

Tom O'Halloran has done the FA of Baker's Dozen in Blue Mountains. - The route is a direct start into an already existing classic 7c. It has about 12m of independent climbing before reaching the upper slab of the 7c. I did bolt it and it took me 20+ days to complete. There is plenty more potential for hard routes in the Blue Mountains. I have at least 3 projects I have bolted that will be 9a and harder. Plus a whole bunch that will be about 8c+. I also have an 8 pitch multi pitch proj I have bolted which will have pitches up to about 8b+. My friends Lee and Ben Cossey also have lots of hard projects they have bolted that will be 9a and harder. The best part is that all these projects are less than 20 minute drive from my home. I just wish I could have more time to climb to try and get them done. Between work and being a father, it can be tricky to find enough days sometimes. But it just makes you want it more.
1 comment
Sort by:
Date
Most commented
Jernej Kruder sends Martin Krpan (9a) sans knee pads

Jernej Kruder, who won the Boulder World Cup in 2018, has done Martin Krpan (9a) in Mišja Peč. “I would like to expose something here: I spent many tries on t…

Welcome to Vertical-Life Web

Six years after partnering with 8a.nu, we’re excited to announce the unification of the 8a.nu website and the Vertical-Life app into a single platform: Vertical…

Will Bosi repeats Return of the Sleepwalker (9A)

William Bosi has made the second ascent of Daniel Woods’ Return of the Sleepwalker (9A) in Black Velvet Canyon, after projecting it for 12 sessions. This was th…

Related
Tiger Cat 8c flash by Jorge Diaz-Rullo

Jorge Diaz-Rullo has been in Australia since mid September and has logged four 8c+ routes including one he upgraded and one he downgraded, each of which were To…

Tom O'Halloran repeats Shadenfreude (31)

Today, Tom O'Halloran did the second ascent of Lee Cujes' Shadenfreude (31) at The Pulpit in Queensland. "It throws you into these really solid undercling moves…

Tom O'Halloran has done his first 9a, Baker's Dozen in Blue Mountains. "Relief. The hardest I've ever had to try."