meters to Paris
VERTICAL-LIFE STATS
Members
Total ascents
Ascents last 30 Days
Ascents last 24 hours
Open forum

8a censorship

Dear webmasters, did you really delete the entire recent thread about censorship? And why? I mean, it was not violating any of your forum ethics. Simply deleting critical content is definetly censorship at its best.
In the dissappeared thread Jens mentioned "I fear I can't do any better". Looks like he tries now to improve and to delete even more stuff he doesn't agree. Way to go, 8a! Censorship as an official forum ethic maybe? P.S.: The oracle says: this thread will disappear soon!
I am sorry but there seem to be a bug as the whole thread was deleted as I deleted a member who made personal attack and who also did not use a real name. I can not delete threads just delete members so I have asked the webmaster to fix it. I find it strange that some of the guys who seems to not like 8a are among the most frequent visitors. If you do not like 8a, I suggest you stop visiting 8a! I will not respond to any more posts here but if you do not just want to complain but to help out, send me a personal message. Have a nice day :)
And what you write is not true. The member you supposedly tried to delete was just asking for some clarification in a very polite way. There was not the minor personal attack.
He did not use his real name and he was among other things calling me a troll... please read the forum ethics.
Oh wow, did you really delete Markku Laine? Come on, Jens...
-
new lows here, definitely.very, very sad and immature. *backing up my scorecard just in case*
I for one wont be returning to 8a.nu, not that Jens would care, he will still keep reporting increasing visitor numbers. Markku Laine had valid points, banning him was a bad decision.
I for one wont be returning to 8a.nu, not that Jens would care, he will still keep reporting increasing visitor numbers. Markku Laine had valid points, banning him was a bad decision.
I have not banned Marku Laine or contacted him. He did chose to delete his comments and later deactivate his account. 
I believe I was banned (account deleted) and my post deleted, for echoing what Marku said. What was said was truthful, based on an overwhelming amount of evidence though I won't rehash it, as it will simply be deleted. But my ban came following Jens' post (a ban which i will respect after this post of clarification). I will say that it is Jens' site and he can do whatever he wishes, no matter how misguided or misleading that may be. Repeatedly flouting your own forum ethics, whilst deleting posts and threads you simply don't agree with, under the guise of those same forum ethics, is very poor form. You would have been banned long ago from any other forum for your behaviour. On this site you simply act with complete impunity and all other forum members are aware of this. In the fable of the frog and the scorpion, do not expect the scorpion to change. Lesson learnt. It's been fun and keep enjoying those wonderful routes/boulders.
I was banned, too, for politely asking why a prior post of myself has been deleted. I have to note that also the prior post didn't contain any insult / personal attack. It was fully compliant to the so-called forum ethics, but somebody a 8a still didn't agree with it. Pure censorship. Yes, the scorpion won't change. 8a will continue to delete / modify posts and bann accounts without any reason. Accept that and better use a different account for the forum than for your scorecard if you don't want to loose your data. Or use a different scorecard service.
Jens, you might not understand that some of the most frequent visitors like to post complaints, but it is quite obvious why. In fact, these are people who like your site and so they care, while you seem not to care. Censoring the forum is a serious matter, which totally destroys the credibility and makes those people move away. You keep on ignoring well-meant advises, even those how to censor in a "better" way. Sad situation, but you begged for it, so now you have to accept it. P.S.: Ops, I have been critising 8a. Now you have to ban me! Stay consistent!
In the last weeks I saw a lot of forum comments containing only a "-". I assume these are the censored ones? Quite a lot, indeed.