9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0
meters to Paris
VERTICAL-LIFE STATS
Members
Total ascents
Ascents last 30 Days
Ascents last 24 hours
Open forum

MountainProject thread: "FrictionLabs chalk: lots of false statements in their website. I would not trust them"

http://www.mountainproject.com/v/frictionlabs-chalk-lots-of-false-statements-in-their-website-i-would-not-trust-them/111741582 the whole making all other brands seem evil is bad enough, the ambassador program just makes it even worse... short reddit thread on this topic:  https://www.reddit.com/r/chemistry/comments/2yi0hh/validity_of_friction_labs_marketing_claim_for/ I was sure I read a similar analysis from a different person some weeks/months ago, but for the love of god I cant seem to find it.
I have tested Friction Labs chalk and like most of the guys in the forum, mentioned above, I think it is better compared to the normal chalk. The important thing with the post is that the anonymous guy, did not test the chalk from Friction Labs but instead he tested Metolius chalk. I think that prior to post such comments the anonymous person should have contacted Friction Labs in order to get their comments. Now it seems that it is just someone who wants to reduce the market shares for Friction Labs. 8a would not have allowed somebodyposted such a post without checking it up.   
anonymous person? googling his user name gives several results confirming what he tells about himself in the mountain project post what Friction Labs is doing is the exact same thing of what you're saying the MP guy does: trying to reduce other companies market shares. they make claims that other brands' chalk is basically crap and you're supposed to buy their expensive stuff (not those exact words obviously).  "8a would not have allowed somebodyposted such a post without checking it up." let's look at what a quick google search gives us: click me because long link url messes up formatting that's you doing obvious advertisement for friction labs and reiterating their claims that other brands' chalk is bad, that is effectively trying to get friction labs more market shares and reducing the market shares of other brands. yes, one should compare metolius chalk with friction labs chalk with black diamond white gold with all other major chalk brands on the market. i dont think this was the intention of the guy on MP though, he saw that friction labs made questionable claims about chalk and he wanted to debunk those. in my opinion he succeeded in that and maybe someone who sees this with similar expertise will go and actually do a more comprehensive analysis.
Why did not this person contact Friction Labs first? Why did he not test Friction Labs chalk? 8a has tested it and we said it might be better. Personally i am more convinced.