meters to Paris
VERTICAL-LIFE STATS
Members
Total ascents
Ascents last 30 Days
Ascents last 24 hours
Open forum

First time in Siurana, need some advices

Hi everybody! Me and my girlfriend are going to Siurana for the first time in the beginning of May and I'd appreciate some hints or advices from the community (something that you won't normally find in a guidebook). We'll have 7-10 days (approx) of climbing there, she's 6a-6b (has been climbing for several years but stopped not that long ago), I'm 7b-7c.  Also, we don't mind having a company (preferably two people so we can share the car and accomodation) or joining someone from the local community for a day or two of climbing. If you're interested, feel free to PM me. Cheers! Pavel
Cheers Pavel Don't miss going to the montsant mountain range... stunning landscape and climbing.. Also Arboli, few carminutes away.. And if you are looking for some quiet bouldering go to Mont roig. 40 minutes drive from siurana.. There's an online PDF topo if you search on google.. Venga catalunya
Pavel, I had a good time at the Siurana Camp. If you can be in 4, taking a hut is ideal as you'll have two double rooms, your own kitchen and bathroom. If you stay in a tent or in the big hostel-like room the cooking area is just a big shed where you can cook your things. The restaurant/bar of the camp is always an option, of course. The walk to Arboli and the lake beneath Siurana is definitely a good one for a rest day. Most crags are within walking distance from the camp. There is a shortcut to get straight to El Pati/La Cappela from the camp, it's easy to find on the way up but hard on the way down. I recommend you do it from La Capella to the camp the first time (see fixed ropes). Enjoy!
Thanks guys! Do you also have some info regarding prices? E.g. what's the approximate cost for renting a car, hut/hostel (we're not going to have a tent), how much would you daily spend on food (not restaurants but rather shopping at the supermarket and cooking it by ourselves)?
Please double check as I am working off memory but the camp should be 10 euros a night per person in the big hostel-like room which includes a towel, internet and showers. Breakfast was the easiest meal to stock up on from the shops in Cornudella, with biscuits, fruit and whatnot. The little huts are 60 euros per night so if you are in four it's 15 per person, which is good since the kitchen allows you to cook a full meal. Dishes at the restaurant between 5 and 10 euros. You can buy just the bread of a whole sandwich at the restaurant of the camp in the morning (for lunch at the crag). Hope this helps!
Awesome, Giaste! Thanks a lot!
It's a solid 8 km walk from Siurana to Cornudella to get to at supermarket - there's one on the square. The walk back is mostly uphill... But it should be possible to hitch with some fellow climbers. For your girlfriend I also - like some of the others - recommend the Arboli crags, as Siurana in my experience does not have much in that range and it's solid in the grades. Margalef is 45 minutes by car but routes in the 6'es are hard for the grades. If it's your first time to Catalynia the beauty of Siurana - the village and the crags - will simply blow you away :-)
G H
why not take a car? i was in el chorro for 11 days and the car was 56€+gas for the whole time, mega cheap in spain
It does sound super cheap but it might be more in Catalunya. Also, it might depend on your age, experience and so on. Some top climbers are too young to rent a car abroad! On the plus side, a car is also a good place to store valuable items (laptops, tablets) when you are climbing and/or if you are staying in a hostel :)
G H
in catalunya? u pick it up at the airport and give it back at the airport. you arrange the car over internet before u fly... + the car is not a safe :D + i got bed and breakfast in a nice mini appartment for 35€ in el chorro for 2(so 17,5 per person) im sure theres something like that in siurana too...
hello Pavel I could help you to book a flat for a very cheap price. I'm from Cornudella de Montsant. Have a nice day! Nube
Hello guys For next winter you can check www.livingsiurana.com Greetings from Spain.