meters to Paris
VERTICAL-LIFE STATS
Members
Total ascents
Ascents last 30 Days
Ascents last 24 hours
Open forum

"You must login to view history ascents"

Is this an error, or is it actually required that you login to view ascent history now? It is annoying.
I agree that it is annoying.  You must also be logged in to use the search function.  I wouldn't mind if it would just keep me logged in but I constantly get the message that I've been logged out after one hour.  What it amounts to is always having to go back and log in...for those of us on 8a.nu all day long. Jens, is it possible to disable the auto log out?  Or possibly just allow the search/history function to those not logged in?  This is a new feature of 8a that I'm not too fond of.  Was there a specific reason for adding this function?
I have tested on several platforms and it works fine. I have not been able to detect any bug. Tested: WIN 7 with firefox & explorer MAC OS X safari & firefox SAMSUNG Galaxy iPhone 3 I know that some security settings and anti-virus-software can interrupt so cookies are blocked. I use the "save login" (below password) and is never loged out. What paltform and browsers do you use?
Chrome on PC.
I have tested with chrome 16.0.912.63 m on win 7 and it work ok, have not been able to detected any bug... After login can you go to the Updates - Friends page?
I have no access to a Linux platform so it's hard for me to test. This was added to ensure that it is real users that browse our DB.
deleted
Ditto Markku. Who cares if non-registered users are browsing your database?
I got the  You must login to view history ascents.    message, even if I've just logged, and I can't see any recorded ascents. Any1 with the same problem?
Yep, I have the same problem. Regardless of being logged in or not, I cannot view historical ascents. This completely defeats the purpose of me using 8a.nu, if I cannot view information regarding ascents by others.
Thanks for sharing...this is of course a bug and the webmaster is working with it.
Nextly, I miss the feature that allowed one to hover over the name of the climber who had a recent update and see the name of the crag and the problem/climb!  I'm talking about the column on the left side of the home page that features recent update from climbers if the grade is high enough.  Now if I want to know that info I have to actually click on it when mostly I would prefer to preview it with the "hover" feature as I'm not usually interested in every area or every climber. 
Login bug: always write www.8a.nu not 8a.nu in your browser. This will be fixed and is due to dns server config done by our IPS, but for now go: www.8a.nu @jack: the hover function works fine for me and have not been removed.
hmm,, yes it seem to be working for me now as well.. hmm.. ha ha.. something is afoot!
deleted
Of course that is a bug and will be fixed. I don't get the point of this login business. The webmaster says its so only real users can look at scorecards. I don't really see a bot going around snifing on peoples ticklists :D Or by real users do you mean us who have registered. I know a bunch of people who use to check out scorecards but didn't have an account.
I just watched Wizard's Apprentice at a friend's house. As it finished, I thought to myself "I'm going to show my friend Adam's comment about Golpe de Estado on his 8a.nu scorecard. This is why 8a.nu is a good thing." So I went to Rankings, clicked on Adam, clicked on routes. But the climb is more than a year old, so I clicked on All Time (All Ascents). "You must login to view history ascents." I am at my friend's house. I have a saved password at home, I have no clue what it is. I'm not recording an ascent here, I just want to see his comment. But no, we had wasted our time. I like 8a.nu, but at that moment I thought to myself "I wish Adam used a different site to log his ascents." In my opinion, I do not think you are doing yourselves any favors by making the site more difficult to access.
I don´t get the point either. If you really want to spy out things, you could easily create an account with a fake name...
There are of course good and bad things with everything. We have thanks to your comment decided to open up the All Time Ascents also for the guys who are not logged in.
This is still very much a problem. When exactly will it be sorted out?
Strange this will be refixed on Monday. Thanks for reporting the bug.