meters to Paris
VERTICAL-LIFE STATS
Members
Total ascents
Ascents last 30 Days
Ascents last 24 hours
Open forum

Server Error in '/' Application.

Each time I use a polish character like ę,ą,ń,ł or ó I get : "Server Error in '/' Application." Is it going to be fixed or what ? 
I'm getting it every time I've tried to send a private message, or update an ascent in my scorecard!
Can you please give further details on which browser and so you are using...as we can not find the problem. Thanks in advance.
i am using firefox... and right now i wanted to make a comment on Alex Puccio's news, and i got application error bla bla bla... i got it 3 times in the last days... but i didn't say anything about it till now... this must be fixed
I haven't been able to send PMs in a few days.  I am using Firefox on my mac and ie at work.  strangely both places are giving me the same error. I last encountered the error trying to send a PM at 21:55 EDT in Ottawa.  That might help you find the error in a log somewhere.
I get that error when I search for some crags, for example just some seconds ago I tried to search for a crag called Nybyberget.
I got it once, today, trying to switch from route view to boulder view of  Little River Canyon crag. Internet Explorer 8
i've got a problem adding the ascent if a name of a climb have polish letters
both firefox and chrome
I think, that the problem isn't browser related. It seems that the database queries have bad encoding :( I think that changing the encoding to UTF-8 would help... Hope it's gets fixed fast...
@  Jens Larssen Dude, I've wrote to you about the problems with polish characters 2 weeks ago, and now you say "you can't find the problem" and that you need more details? The browser has nothing to do with it (I've checked and I think that I even wrote that in my mail) - it's purely problem of the server and/or website code, so why don't just fix that? I've wrote to you about small problems with such characters last year - nothing changed, and it got worse this year (crags were renamed etc.). Now the problem become critical (you cannot enter or view anything with such characters), I've wrote to you about that some time ago - nothing changed, and you even seem to think that everything is fine... Somehow your website is the most popular ascent database, despite numerous small problems, but this single one is probably going to change that, because - I repeat it again - IT IS CRITICAL. You cannot enter any string which contains such characters (ascent, email, message), you cannot view anything that has such characters (ascents) - everytime server error. BTW - forum posts can contain most of these characters -> ęóąśłźćń. Somehow one does not work - "z" with a dot above = right alt + "z" - it works as a backspace, and believe me that it's the first place in the world with such bugs regarding national characters. I've NEVER seen that before... EDIT - german characters (umlauts) work fine. 4/3!!
The webmaster is working with the problem but he has another full time job, a family and they are moving into another apartment this week...
Get a new webmaster and move the website into the 2000's instead of the '90s perhaps?
If you cannot afford to pay a webmaster to fix the problem or to upgrade your webpage to work as expected in 2011 (hard to believe as the banners here are probably not for free) then why don't just revert the changes introduced in the last 2 weeks for now? The problem did not start by itself... 4\/3!!
Still unable to edit ascents in my ticklist or send PMs.
Could you please explain what browser etc you are using since it seems to be working fine as we did get close to 1000 new ascents in the data base yesterday. Thanks in advance.
I don't get it every time but, I'm getting it maybe half the time when I try to send a PM.. This is especially frustrating because I cant' tell if it's going to happen and I only find out after I've typed a PM and then try to send it.. That's when the error message pops and I can't backup and my message is lost without being sent! ha ha... I'm using Internet Explorer 8
it is a encoding problem! Your server does not use UTF-8 (or at least iso-ISO-8859-2) for polish characters, so each time I use a [ł,ó,ę,ą,ś,ć,ż,ź,ń] the error appears. IT IS BROWSER INDEPENDENT! The error happens, when searching a crag with polish chars, sending a PM with polish chars, adding a route with polish chars, etc... You get new ascents in database becouse people, who added them didn't use polish chars like [ł,ó,ę,ą,ś,ć,ż,ź,ń]. Becouse of that there are plenty of doubles in the polish ticklists ( each route is put with and without polish chars).
Also getting same issue when trying to comment on news stories. Server Error in '/' Application. Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.
i get the error when i search for crags, not all the time but quite often. That happens for some weeks now :( Im using firefox, but im sure thats not the problem...
Most errors lately are traced to that our web server needs to be upgraded. We are working on this issue with our ISP. I have several times announced for someone that could help with the development of the site. So far no one has been able to help. As mentioned before we cannot pay salary and you need to be able to work with .net c# and SQL. Banners hardly pay for costs to host 8a.nu, we are not working with 8a.nu to make money - we do it for the climbing community. When I work professionally I charge 150 – 220 euro per hour, when I work with 8a I maybe get 2 euro per hour. I need to support my family, thank you for understanding. /Webmaster
PREVIOUS