18 November 2011

Lifestyle a la Joe Kinder

Professional climbing lifestyle a la Joe Kinder 

Ready to bolt some new nice lines.
Screen shoot for making the videos

Joe Kinder has had a great impact for many years in the climbing community putting up many routes, making video films and spreading his positive vibe in the climbing community. The last five years he has been a fully professional globetrotter. Joe is actually one of the first 8a members and here is an old interview by Dave Graham. Here are some actual life style thoughts from Joe.

"As time has gone on and my life as a professional climber has changed I can only say that the game as a pro has evolved as well. The difficulty isn't what gets you paid and that is hardly what brings marketing to the sponsors. In essence a "life-style" climber may be an actual term. My life is totally consumed with climbing via travel, film, bolting, camaraderie, my living and everything in between. My eggs are simply all in one basket and I wouldn't have it any other way.

The best way to excel and enjoy something this much is to invest yourself entirely and that is what I do. I love rock climbing. I love it just as much as the next guy only I am able to immerse myself 100% as this is my living, my life and my passion. I have learned a lot from my good friend Dave Graham in terms of living this way. Dave prefers the solo gypsy lifestyle, I prefer the same only I have a partner in this endeavor. I live in 12 different places throughout the year, I have traveled to 8 countries in the past year, I never own anything large other than my cars, and I wake up everyday wondering where the hell I am. I love it.

I am a very fortunate person to live this way and I recognize it everyday. This is literally my dream and there is no way you could get bored. The companies I work with are simply and purely the basis of my lifestyle and my ambassadorship is valued greatly to them... so I guess I am doing something right?!!!

My goals each year are to attack as many hard routes as possible, visit as many areas as I humanly can and live a great life. Everything is met except you can really only get to so many places even with 100% freedom.

I love this life and I love rock climbing... WEEEEEEHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

My best routes I have bolted are Bad Girls Club 9a, Flight Of The Concords 8c+, Tiger Blood 8c+, Southern Smoke (only I partially bolted) 8c+, and Waka Flocka 8c."

1 comment
Sort by:
Date
Favorites