8 December 2015

8C FA by Niccolo Ceria

Niccolo Ceria has done the FA of Ziqquarat 8C and thus strengthened his leading position in the 8a ranking game. In total, the Italian has done 90+ boulders 8A and harder. Picture by his brother Rudy. "It was a great feeling to stand at the top of my biggest project of the year. Every climber who has been searching for a perfect horizontal roof knows how hard it is to find a 90° degrees angle with holds, instead of the typical blank and impossible cave. This roof definitively represents an exception for me, since the holds on the edge make the climbing possible, like the old classic Riverbed in Averstal, to make a clear example. This project took me days, efforts, patience and training; but I have been psyched in every single moment of the experience. Every time I failed I was really excited, since some positive points always came out in each attempt. The peculiarity is of course the perfect cut of the roof and (not visible for the photo) the technical and spicy final arete. The full sequence took me in total 9 days, 6 of them during 2015 and during my highest shape peaks. Probably my hardest so far, but I feel definitely more glad about the uniqueness of the boulder. Name chosen is "Ziqqurat" and it could be something around 8C range I guess.
1 comment
Sort by:
Date
Most commented
Jernej Kruder sends Martin Krpan (9a) sans knee pads

Jernej Kruder, who won the Boulder World Cup in 2018, has done Martin Krpan (9a) in Mišja Peč. “I would like to expose something here: I spent many tries on t…

Welcome to Vertical-Life Web

Six years after partnering with 8a.nu, we’re excited to announce the unification of the 8a.nu website and the Vertical-Life app into a single platform: Vertical…

Will Bosi repeats Return of the Sleepwalker (9A)

William Bosi has made the second ascent of Daniel Woods’ Return of the Sleepwalker (9A) in Black Velvet Canyon, after projecting it for 12 sessions. This was th…

Related

Niccolo Ceria (15) has done Uendliche Gesichte 1, 8A+ and two 8A's in Magic Wood. Niccolò is #11 in the Junior ranking.

Niccolo Ceria has done his first 8B, Amber in Brione. The 16-year-old has previoslu done five 8a+' out of which one is also considered as an 8B.

Niccolo Ceria has done La Proue, 8B in Cresciano. The 17-year-old is #6 in the Junior ranking game. But in a month he will be #2 after Adam Ondra, as the other guys now ahead of him will no longer be juniors.