22 September 2015

First 8c+ by Jose E. Agustí (38)

Jose E. Agustí, who has done 750 routes 8a to 8c, has done his first 8c+ Massa Pelis in Sant Llorenç del Munt. (c) Marc Giol - I'm climbing since I was 15, when my father introduced me into this world. I immediately recognized that this sport was my live. I started climbing routes of about 8a at 19-year-old and in 2004 I did first 8c in Gandia (Malsoñando). I always prefer on sight climbing, in this style I've climbed till 8b (Alter ego, Rodellar), and I have managed to continue doing 8a's and 8a+ in this style. Two years ago I rebolted an ancient and forgotten project and this is what I've been doing this last two summers. Working this endurance route. David Gambus did the first ascent the last Monday two days later I completed my dream, my first 8c+! Next year I wanna try harder routes ant try to reach to the 9a before my 40.
2 comments
Sort by:
Date
Most commented
Jernej Kruder sends Martin Krpan (9a) sans knee pads

Jernej Kruder, who won the Boulder World Cup in 2018, has done Martin Krpan (9a) in Mišja Peč. “I would like to expose something here: I spent many tries on t…

Welcome to Vertical-Life Web

Six years after partnering with 8a.nu, we’re excited to announce the unification of the 8a.nu website and the Vertical-Life app into a single platform: Vertical…

Will Bosi repeats Return of the Sleepwalker (9A)

William Bosi has made the second ascent of Daniel Woods’ Return of the Sleepwalker (9A) in Black Velvet Canyon, after projecting it for 12 sessions. This was th…

Related
Ziga-zaga 9a by Jose Agustí (45)

Jose Agustí, who did his first and only 9a in 2017, has done the FA of Ziga-zaga (9a) at Sant Miquel del Fai. "After 1 year working on this crazy line I complet…

El mon agermanat 8c (+) by Jose Agustí (44)

Jose Agustí, who did his first and only 9a in 2017, has done El mon agermanat 8c+ in Sant Miquel del Fai. The 44-year-old says he has never trained on plastics …

First 9a by Jose Agustí (40)

Jose Agustí, who started climbing in 1991, has done his three year project El ordre dels factors + El super mon 9a in La Baume. The combo starting with an 8B bo…