24 August 2015

Angy Eiter does 8c (+) and 8b (+) OS

Angy Eiter, the best female competition climber in history and nowadays the only female who can give 14-year-old Ashima Shiraishi a challenge on the outdoor scene, sends us a report on her latest sends. (c) Bernie Ruech - It doesn't always have to be rock in different countries. Inspiring projects at home also take my breath away and my performance is just as good as abroad. In Nassereith I climbed the hard-won "Janus, 8c", which has one really big move and is therefore a great challenge for my small body size. One foothold for my hand and some further tiny footholds for my feet are my solution! It feels much harder than the suggested grade and I am happy that this solution works. A similar experience happens in the route "Gondor" in Niederthai. This route has the same grading as "Janus" and one remarkable big move for me in the crux. After searching like mad for tiny holds, I find a workable solution and send the route surprisingly fast. To complete my successful strike I make a quick ascent of "Game over, 8c" at Hahntennjoch! Exploring different rocks is part of climbing. That's why I check out many different stuff on the Rottachberg and in the Lechtal for my first time. I like these crags and it is not without reason that I climb on the Rottachberg "Tanz der Geister, 8b" in a flash go and in the Lechtal "Tanz der Moleküle, 8b/+", "Highliner, 8a+/8b" and "Magic Dragon, 8a+"'On-Sight. Now I get to know some new crags to gain further experience on rocks and take fresh motivation.
1 comment
Sort by:
Date
Most commented
Jernej Kruder sends Martin Krpan (9a) sans knee pads

Jernej Kruder, who won the Boulder World Cup in 2018, has done Martin Krpan (9a) in Mišja Peč. “I would like to expose something here: I spent many tries on t…

Welcome to Vertical-Life Web

Six years after partnering with 8a.nu, we’re excited to announce the unification of the 8a.nu website and the Vertical-Life app into a single platform: Vertical…

Will Bosi repeats Return of the Sleepwalker (9A)

William Bosi has made the second ascent of Daniel Woods’ Return of the Sleepwalker (9A) in Black Velvet Canyon, after projecting it for 12 sessions. This was th…

Favorites
Katie Lamb makes history

Katie Lamb has become the first woman to climb 8C+ by completing Box Therapy (8C) in RMNP. Daniel Woods made the FA back in 2018, and only Drew Ruana and Sean B…

"It was dramatic to the very end." On the 8a finish of Project Big in Flatanger, Jakob Schubert explains that a horn broke and he was close to falling. The last three minutes of the video show just how much this climb means to him."This horn could have ended my career... This was the biggest mental …

Will Bosi repeats Return of the Sleepwalker (9A)

William Bosi has made the second ascent of Daniel Woods’ Return of the Sleepwalker (9A) in Black Velvet Canyon, after projecting it for 12 sessions. This was th…