22 August 2015

Norway at its best meets super psyched Megos

Alex Megos was invited by the Norweigian federation to hold a slide show during the Lead WC in Stavanger. Prior to the final some locals took him up to the mountains to show some boulders including Dynamiten 8B. With minimal preparation he flashed it to the last hold. - I have never been to a place like this. It is just amazing. Looking forward to climb in Flatanger and possibly also in Hell. The German globetrotter is flying to Trondheim on Sunday and meanwhile waiting four hours for his friend's plane, his plan is to walk into Hell and possibly find some guys who could belay him before they pick up the car drive to Flatanger. (He did the first repeat of a Adam Ondra 8c) Having done the 8B, Alex continues with an 8A before Martin Mobråten, FA of the 8B, says that there is an 8b+ route that Dani Andrada put up on the backside of the block. Gear is collected from two cars and again, Megos makes a great second go ascent. Time is flying and as the final starts in just 90 minutes, everyone rushes to the car and the last thing we hear is the German's voice. - But can we not just stop by to try one of the 8A's on the roadside. I just need five minutes. At the same time as the first finalists clips the first drawer, the young German enters the arena with yet another 8A.
2 comments
Sort by:
Date
Most commented
Jernej Kruder sends Martin Krpan (9a) sans knee pads

Jernej Kruder, who won the Boulder World Cup in 2018, has done Martin Krpan (9a) in Mišja Peč. “I would like to expose something here: I spent many tries on t…

Welcome to Vertical-Life Web

Six years after partnering with 8a.nu, we’re excited to announce the unification of the 8a.nu website and the Vertical-Life app into a single platform: Vertical…

Will Bosi repeats Return of the Sleepwalker (9A)

William Bosi has made the second ascent of Daniel Woods’ Return of the Sleepwalker (9A) in Black Velvet Canyon, after projecting it for 12 sessions. This was th…

Favorites
Katie Lamb makes history

Katie Lamb has become the first woman to climb 8C+ by completing Box Therapy (8C) in RMNP. Daniel Woods made the FA back in 2018, and only Drew Ruana and Sean B…

"It was dramatic to the very end." On the 8a finish of Project Big in Flatanger, Jakob Schubert explains that a horn broke and he was close to falling. The last three minutes of the video show just how much this climb means to him."This horn could have ended my career... This was the biggest mental …

Will Bosi repeats Return of the Sleepwalker (9A)

William Bosi has made the second ascent of Daniel Woods’ Return of the Sleepwalker (9A) in Black Velvet Canyon, after projecting it for 12 sessions. This was th…