17 June 2015

9a by Markus Jung in Frankenjura again

Markus Jung has done The Essential 9a in Frankenjura. More great pics by © Tobi Körner and a report in German. "I had The Essential on my do-to-list since my brother Daniel climbed it in 2013. When I came back to figure out the moves again everything went surprisingly well. I became very confident on the route and had a good progress. Took me just three days of attempting.. I'm just super happy." In total, Markus has done four 9a's meaning he is six behind his brother Daniel. Other successful sport climbing brothers are Firnenburg, Zanone, Ometz, Hörst, Cossey and Stranik brothers . Any others?
7 comments
Sort by:
Date
Most commented
Jernej Kruder sends Martin Krpan (9a) sans knee pads

Jernej Kruder, who won the Boulder World Cup in 2018, has done Martin Krpan (9a) in Mišja Peč. “I would like to expose something here: I spent many tries on t…

Welcome to Vertical-Life Web

Six years after partnering with 8a.nu, we’re excited to announce the unification of the 8a.nu website and the Vertical-Life app into a single platform: Vertical…

Will Bosi repeats Return of the Sleepwalker (9A)

William Bosi has made the second ascent of Daniel Woods’ Return of the Sleepwalker (9A) in Black Velvet Canyon, after projecting it for 12 sessions. This was th…

Related

Markus Jung has done his third 9a and his first in Frankenjura, The Elder Statesman. "Huge much fun sending it! too many times it was wet.. the weather made me crazy! happy to climbed it in almost dry shape :)" In total there are 24 routes 9a and 9a+ in Frankenjura out of which all but six have bee…

Misti 8Cc (A) by Markus Jung

It looks as if running his own bouldering gym, Schlüsselstelle, together with his brother Daniel doesn´t keep Markus Jung from climbing hard. He spent last week…

Success for IFSC DWS in Norway

The third Norweigian Rock Master took place in the downtown harbour of Arendal in Norway and it was a great success. The Norweigian hero and #4 in the World Cha…