23 May 2015

8c+ by Katherine Choong in RRG

Choong Katherine has been on a seven month road trip during which she managed to do her first 8c, Chinaclimb in Yangshuo, last December. Now, she has done the famous Southern Smoke 8c+ in Red River Gorge. © Michael Lim, MLIM Photo "I did train a lot on plastic before we left Switzerland in November 2014 for a climbing trip around the world and since we have climb a lot on the rock. I was afraid to loose my power so but sometimes we went to a climbing gym and the most important I think that improved my climbing, is that I work a lot on hard route and have plenty of time to do that, without pressure nor stress. That's the difference with last year when I was in Law university. I return back to Switzerland on 11 June, before the Swiss championship which is a selection for the next world cup. I'm really excited to be back on competition and I will compete as much as the coaches will let me do." In 2009, Katherine was the Youth World Champion and her best result in the Senior World Cup is #13.
2 comments
Sort by:
Date
Most commented
Jernej Kruder sends Martin Krpan (9a) sans knee pads

Jernej Kruder, who won the Boulder World Cup in 2018, has done Martin Krpan (9a) in Mišja Peč. “I would like to expose something here: I spent many tries on t…

Welcome to Vertical-Life Web

Six years after partnering with 8a.nu, we’re excited to announce the unification of the 8a.nu website and the Vertical-Life app into a single platform: Vertical…

Will Bosi repeats Return of the Sleepwalker (9A)

William Bosi has made the second ascent of Daniel Woods’ Return of the Sleepwalker (9A) in Black Velvet Canyon, after projecting it for 12 sessions. This was th…

Related
Hattori Hanzo 8b+ MP by Katherine Choong

Katherine Choong, who has been top-30 in the World Cup some 30 times, has done Hattori Hanzo (8b+) in Titlis Nordwand. The 30-year-old has previously also done …

E-Space Challenge 8c+ by Katherine Choong

Katherine Choong has done E-Space Challenge (8c+) in Précipice de Corbière, bolted by Nicolas Glée. (c) Isabelle Bihr “It's a battle of endurance, on a very o…

La Ramirole MP 8b by Katherine Choong

Choong Katherine, who last year finished IFSC comps after 16 years on the circuit, has done La Ramirole MP (8b) in Verdon. Previously the 30-year-old has done t…