4 May 2015

Futuristic boulder landings in Oplotnica, Slovenia

In Oplotnica, Miha Dvoršek and friends have taken landing zones to new heights by creating wooden structures. Above the biggest one they have built, there are six boulders between 7B to 8B+, starting four meters above the ground. On the picture by Gasper Bratina, Katja Vidmar tries Holy Cow, 8A. Rok Klancnik tells us that it took some four hours to build and that they first had been given the OK by the landowner. However, they hadn't checked the boulders with a rope first as they were simply too steep and there were too many trees. "The area is smooth granite with at least 100 boulders and around 300-400 lines so far. There are still other landings that are impressive and also quite big. We are making a guidebook, but it's quite a big place so it will take a while. I think we'll make a website with digital topo and ascent logging just for this area."
15 comments
Sort by:
Date
Most commented
Jernej Kruder sends Martin Krpan (9a) sans knee pads

Jernej Kruder, who won the Boulder World Cup in 2018, has done Martin Krpan (9a) in Mišja Peč. “I would like to expose something here: I spent many tries on t…

Welcome to Vertical-Life Web

Six years after partnering with 8a.nu, we’re excited to announce the unification of the 8a.nu website and the Vertical-Life app into a single platform: Vertical…

Will Bosi repeats Return of the Sleepwalker (9A)

William Bosi has made the second ascent of Daniel Woods’ Return of the Sleepwalker (9A) in Black Velvet Canyon, after projecting it for 12 sessions. This was th…

Related
8C by Rok Klancnik

Rok Klancnik has done Dave Graham's master piece, From dirt grows the flowers 8C in Chironico, which he put up in 2005. Video from an earlier close call. How m…

15 October 2009

8B+ by Rok Klancnik

Rok Klancnik has done his first 8B+, New base line in Magic Woods, which was originally graded as an 8C. Rok who is #12 in the world ranking has previously done eight 8B's.

12 August 2011

8B+ by Rok Klancnik

Rok Klancnik has done Amandla, 8B+ in Rocklands. "Felt soft, also scary mantle.."