28 March 2015

Interview With The First 9a Climber In China

Wang Qing Hua,the first Chinese climber who has ever done 9a in Lei Pi Shan, it called "Red Point Dinner" which Chris Sharma bolted in Yang Shou a few years ago. “I was super happy when I send it, I couldn't even finish the whole route when I first time touch it. but it was so tempting, so I trained very hard and very focused on the route, I spend a few monthes to train for it. the holds are very small on this route , but that's my style, was very suitable for me. I named it Red Point Dinner,because there are so many climbers in Yang Shuo have been cheer for me , because I have been very close to send it each time in the end, so finally when I did make it, I was invited a lot of climbers to come to my red point dinner, because I was extremely happy." The red point dinner culture is from the very beginning of the climbing community in China.When we celebrate something, in some countries,will be in the coffee shop, some will be in the bar, and in China ,having dinner together in the restaurant is the most common social event.When we asked Wang Qing Hua ,which climbing area in China would he recommend for climber who's from other country ?He strongly recommend Yang Shuo.
3 comments
Sort by:
Date
Most commented
Jernej Kruder sends Martin Krpan (9a) sans knee pads

Jernej Kruder, who won the Boulder World Cup in 2018, has done Martin Krpan (9a) in Mišja Peč. “I would like to expose something here: I spent many tries on t…

Welcome to Vertical-Life Web

Six years after partnering with 8a.nu, we’re excited to announce the unification of the 8a.nu website and the Vertical-Life app into a single platform: Vertical…

Will Bosi repeats Return of the Sleepwalker (9A)

William Bosi has made the second ascent of Daniel Woods’ Return of the Sleepwalker (9A) in Black Velvet Canyon, after projecting it for 12 sessions. This was th…

Favorites
Katie Lamb makes history

Katie Lamb has become the first woman to climb 8C+ by completing Box Therapy (8C) in RMNP. Daniel Woods made the FA back in 2018, and only Drew Ruana and Sean B…

"It was dramatic to the very end." On the 8a finish of Project Big in Flatanger, Jakob Schubert explains that a horn broke and he was close to falling. The last three minutes of the video show just how much this climb means to him."This horn could have ended my career... This was the biggest mental …

Will Bosi repeats Return of the Sleepwalker (9A)

William Bosi has made the second ascent of Daniel Woods’ Return of the Sleepwalker (9A) in Black Velvet Canyon, after projecting it for 12 sessions. This was th…