19 February 2015

Sachi Amma adds one more 9a+ to the new standard

Sachi Amma has done Seleccio anal 9a+ in Santa Linya. "Amazing last day of this trip. I send it on my second go!!! I knew the lower part from Seleccion but still it was unbelievable climbing. It is soft but still 9a+ I think. Now time to go home!" During the last three weeks, Sachi has done seven routes between 9a and 9b which is something never have been done before in the history of climbing. During the last three years, Sachi has been the best Lead competition climber in the world but in 2015 he plans to focus on rock and only do two World Cups. One of them is in Norway so hopefully, he will challenge some of the hardest routes in the world in Flatanger. (c) Manabu Yoneyama
3 comments
Sort by:
Date
Most commented
Jernej Kruder sends Martin Krpan (9a) sans knee pads

Jernej Kruder, who won the Boulder World Cup in 2018, has done Martin Krpan (9a) in Mišja Peč. “I would like to expose something here: I spent many tries on t…

Welcome to Vertical-Life Web

Six years after partnering with 8a.nu, we’re excited to announce the unification of the 8a.nu website and the Vertical-Life app into a single platform: Vertical…

Will Bosi repeats Return of the Sleepwalker (9A)

William Bosi has made the second ascent of Daniel Woods’ Return of the Sleepwalker (9A) in Black Velvet Canyon, after projecting it for 12 sessions. This was th…

Related

1. Patxi Usobiaga ESP - Jain Kim KOR 2. Ramon Puigblanque ESP - caroline ciavaldini FRA 3. Sachi Amma JPN - Angela Eiter AUT 4. Adam Ondra CZE - Natalija Gros 5. David Lama AUT - Yana Chereshneva RUS Final results It should be noted that Jain Kim was the only one to top out the first qualification r…

9a+ by Sachi Anma
17 December 2011

9a+ by Sachi Anma

Sachi Anma has made the first repeat of Chris Sharma's Pachamama, 9a+ in Oliana. "The best route in my life. I spend 7 days last year, 7 days this year. Harder …

Speculating about who will be top-ranked in the Lead World Cup 2012 is simply to list the rankings from 2011, adding also Sasha Digulian if she will do them all. 1. Jakob Schubert - Mina Markovic 2. Ramon J Puigblanque - Jain Kim 3. Sachi Amma - Maja Vidmar Here are the outsiders that are the top c…