15 February 2015

8c+ by Mike Doyle (37)

Mike Doyle has done his second 8c+, Necessary Evil in VRG and based on his scorecard we can see that the 28 year old is performing best ever. "With a good breeze it all came together. Unknown number of days but lots... I just want to thank all of you for your support, positive energy and good vibes. I truly felt it and it's the community that makes climbing such a unique lifestyle and why, as much as I try to get away from it, I will always be a climber. Of course the list of belayers is ridiculous. Thank you for coming out on the shitty condition days" Mike's first 8c+, was the FA of the classical test piece in Red River Gorge, Lucifer.
4 comments
Sort by:
Date
Most commented
Jernej Kruder sends Martin Krpan (9a) sans knee pads

Jernej Kruder, who won the Boulder World Cup in 2018, has done Martin Krpan (9a) in Mišja Peč. “I would like to expose something here: I spent many tries on t…

Welcome to Vertical-Life Web

Six years after partnering with 8a.nu, we’re excited to announce the unification of the 8a.nu website and the Vertical-Life app into a single platform: Vertical…

Will Bosi repeats Return of the Sleepwalker (9A)

William Bosi has made the second ascent of Daniel Woods’ Return of the Sleepwalker (9A) in Black Velvet Canyon, after projecting it for 12 sessions. This was th…

Related
Honour and Glory 8c+ (9a) by Mike Doyle (44)

Mike Doyle, who has previously done two 8c+ routes, has sent Honour and Glory (9a) in Echo Canyon, giving it a personal 8c+ grade. "What a fight to the finish! …

Chris Sharma takes the 3rd confirmed ascent making the send on his 2nd go over two days. Sean McColl took the second this time last year with Mike Doyle making the FA in the fall of 2006.

Mike Doyle sends Right Martini, 8A+, in Hueco Tanks

Mike Doyle has seen a strong season here in Hueco, sending Right Martini earlier this week and adding to his list of other notable lines like Sarah, Shwerer Gus…