7 January 2015

Go, Kevin Go!

Kevin Jorgeson, one of the very first 8a members, comes clean on Facebook, My battle with Pitch 15 continues. After 6 years of work, my DawnWall quest comes down to sending this pitch. Last night, I experienced a lightness and calm like never before. Despite failing, it will always be one of my most memorable climbing experiences. On my 4th attempt, around 11pm, the razor sharp holds ripped both the tape and the skin right off my fingers. As disappointing as this is, I'm learning new levels of patience, perseverance and desire. I'm not giving up. I will rest. I will try again. I will succeed.
29 comments
Sort by:
Date
Most commented
Jernej Kruder sends Martin Krpan (9a) sans knee pads

Jernej Kruder, who won the Boulder World Cup in 2018, has done Martin Krpan (9a) in Mišja Peč. “I would like to expose something here: I spent many tries on t…

Welcome to Vertical-Life Web

Six years after partnering with 8a.nu, we’re excited to announce the unification of the 8a.nu website and the Vertical-Life app into a single platform: Vertical…

Will Bosi repeats Return of the Sleepwalker (9A)

William Bosi has made the second ascent of Daniel Woods’ Return of the Sleepwalker (9A) in Black Velvet Canyon, after projecting it for 12 sessions. This was th…

Related

Kevin Jorgeson reports from their attempt on a new route on El Cap, Mescalito day 1-3.

Sean McColl 73 000 8a hits - seanmccoll.com Gabor Szekely 31 000 8a hits - blogspot.com Jamie Emerson 57 000 hits - B3Bouldering.com Joey Kinder 125 000 8a hits - joekindkid.com Nalle Hukkataival 128 000 8a hits - blogspot.com Paul Robinson 147 000 8a hits - p-d-robinson.blogspot.com Dani Andrada 2…

It must be fun and inspiring to hang out and explore the new Lincoln lake sector in Mt. Evans, during the last week. Chad Greedy, Jamie Emerson, Dave Graham, Daniel Woods, James Webb, Brion Voges, Jon Cardwell, Kevin Jorgeson, Felipe Camargo have all done Unshackled Sit, 8A (7C+) as an example :-)