26 November 2014

9a FA by Roland Hemetzberger

Roland Hemetzberger, who previously has done ten 8c+, has done his second 9a FA after five years of projecting, The Void in Achleiten. "30m of 8b+ or 8c climbing a small rest follows in a hard boulder. I always thought the last meters were not climbable. I have tried the route every year and this year maybe six days or so. That is the Route. The Name is calling - The Void - every climber knows this feeling. My hardest ascent before was Lichtblick, a 9a FA in Achleiten too." Rolands next plan is to travel to Africa and later to free a long alpine route and also open some more sport projects.
1 comment
Sort by:
Date
Most commented
Jernej Kruder sends Martin Krpan (9a) sans knee pads

Jernej Kruder, who won the Boulder World Cup in 2018, has done Martin Krpan (9a) in Mišja Peč. “I would like to expose something here: I spent many tries on t…

Welcome to Vertical-Life Web

Six years after partnering with 8a.nu, we’re excited to announce the unification of the 8a.nu website and the Vertical-Life app into a single platform: Vertical…

Will Bosi repeats Return of the Sleepwalker (9A)

William Bosi has made the second ascent of Daniel Woods’ Return of the Sleepwalker (9A) in Black Velvet Canyon, after projecting it for 12 sessions. This was th…

Related

Roland Hemetzberger has flashed the 170m De Hoabuchane, 8a+ in Lofer Alm.Fabian Hagenauer (17) gave all the valuable beta sothe most difficult part was actually walking down in the forest, 2.5 h instead of 0.5 h, as they forgot their headlamps. More info at their blog.

8c+ (9a) FA by Roland Hemetzberger

Roland Hemetzberger has opened Tunnelblick, 8c+ or 9a in Achleiten which is 30 m long starting with 8b+ followed by a 7C+ boulder. "My Best Route ever and maybe…

9a and 8b+ MP FA by Roland Hemetzberger

Roland Hemetzberger has done the FA of Golden Secret in Zillertal. "The first 8b+ is with bolts, then a 8a+ in a perfect crack and you can use small nuts and ca…