meters to Paris
VERTICAL-LIFE STATS
Members
Total ascents
Ascents last 30 Days
Ascents last 24 hours
Open forum

IFSC.tv - what can be done better/suggestions,opinions

i paste John Meget, and my posts on this, and suggest all to send your impressions, and suggestions as for how ifsc.tv  job, and then we'll send this all to ifsc, let em see, what you guys think, and advise
by John Meget: Daniel Finn does lots of things very well. I enjoy most of his commentary. He really does need someone(s?) to keep his technical descriptions accurate. It's not simply a matter of the IFSC's mixed-up scoring listings. Even I, watching on the web, often pick up his mistakes the second they come out his mouth.  Anna's final boulder is an example of how Daniel at times unknowingly misleads the audience. I think the more he learns about climbing, the fewer mistakes he will make.  More generally, IFSC had lots of camera problems in Log Dragomer. They gave us almost no close-up shots of the holds. So it was very hard to see what the boulders were really like.  IFSC has been getting better at this, though. One of the best telecasts I saw from them was last year's world championships in Paris. Spectacular camera work, that showed how incredible the routes, boulders (and therefore climbers) really were. Would love to see more camera work like that.
by Svet: @More generally, IFSC had lots of camera problems in Log Dragomer. They gave us almost no close-up shots of the holds. So it was very hard to see what the boulders were really like. @ right on the button. no close ups at all, we don't see what climbers are trying to grab at all(((  and it is bad, cuzwe need to see difficulty, not just the ass projection. then no vertical projection. it is weird, that they didnt manage to put at least 1 man with camera on top otf the construction, to show vertical plan, which is super informative, and spectacular.  Daniel Finn, as for his position does very well. you said he is amiable, yes/   it is main what we need now. climbing must be presented to wider public, for this purpose he dose perfect. id reccomend him to come up with more live interviews with climbers, and commenting, more interesting stories alien from particular bouler task, just to fill in vacuum, and other ironic, and cheer things. rest he does cool, especially as bor a non-proclimber, and beginner in TV ()
also, im really sure it is very importand for developing our sport, cuz TV is what can do best to give climbing to millions, who are still unaware of what it is today, so it is hard to overestimate the tv/IFSC.tv   role.   please, comment!!
I think the biggest problem is the set up that IFSC do not like to give out the standing results including what is needed in order to take gold or silver etc to the stream, the spectators and also to the athletes. If Anna did know she was taking the gold just be the bonus we would have seen a more happy face in the end of the comp. As it has been shown that it is hard to start last it could be a good thing to also give some advantages to the top ranked in the final.