23 October 2014

8c trad FA by Sonnie Trotter

Rock & Ice reports that Sonnie Trotter has done his hardest trad FA ever by Family Man 8c in Skaha Bluffs. "I'm going to give this climb a personal grade of soft (or Spanish) 5.14b (8c) and see where it ends up over time." In 2006, Sonnie established Cobra Crack which has been considered as the world's hardest crack but lately has been down graded to 8b+. The Canadian is also famous for his quick trad ascent of Rhapsody 8c. The hardest trad ascent in the world is Metdown 8c+ established by Beth Rodden. In general, it is considered that the trad grades are harder compared to sport grades as they have not been inflated.
25 comments
Sort by:
Date
Most commented
Jernej Kruder sends Martin Krpan (9a) sans knee pads

Jernej Kruder, who won the Boulder World Cup in 2018, has done Martin Krpan (9a) in Mišja Peč. “I would like to expose something here: I spent many tries on t…

Welcome to Vertical-Life Web

Six years after partnering with 8a.nu, we’re excited to announce the unification of the 8a.nu website and the Vertical-Life app into a single platform: Vertical…

Will Bosi repeats Return of the Sleepwalker (9A)

William Bosi has made the second ascent of Daniel Woods’ Return of the Sleepwalker (9A) in Black Velvet Canyon, after projecting it for 12 sessions. This was th…

Related

Sonnie Trotter, one of the leading trad climbers in the world who did the FA of Family Man 8c last autumn, has climbed his first 9a, Estado Critico in Siurana. Sonnie is 35 and he did his first 8c+ 14 years ago. "I have a one year old son now, who keeps us up most nights and so climbing or trainin…