meters to Paris
VERTICAL-LIFE STATS
Members
Total ascents
Ascents last 30 Days
Ascents last 24 hours
Open forum

Goteborg - Sport climbing & bouldering

Hi everyone! I will be in mid july around Goteborg for a week and would like to go sport climbing and bouldering in the area. In your opinion, what are the best spots for boulering and/or sport climbing? You know, stuff like cool lines, hard moves and great landscapes!! Thanks a lot in advance for the beta Have fun and climb hard Thom
Check out http://climbingpics.blogspot.com/, you´ll find pictures and clips from pretty much every bouldering area near Gothenburg. There is also an online guide at gbo.crimp.se. RegardsPeter
To be honest, I was more looking for personnal feedbacks and opinions on the different spots. I had already check the websites but a few pictures do not necessary tell if the spot is worth it... therefore I am asking which spots people personnaly prefers. Plus I do not speak a word of Swedish...lol
Not being a sport climber, I don't really know, but AFAIK (and IMHO) there's not many sport crags in the area with great scenery/landscape. Gothenburg/west-coast-sweden isn't really a sport region anyway. Bring a trad rack and you have lot's of beautiful places to climb around, especially an hour up north in Bohuslän :-) Not being a boulderer (either ;-), cannot recommend, but the island Hönö is the most obvious choice, with LOTS of good problem and LOVELY setting just by the sea.
The easiest thing is to check the Göteborg data base , here you have all the best crags. My personal sport climbing ranking for somebody visiting during summer us would be. Vikskile, Granitgrottan, Hållsunga, Vindön, Hylteberget.
I would not recommend Hönö for anything than the scenery. Go to Hylteberget in Gothenburg for nice sport lines, Viks Kile on Orust (or is it Tjörn?) if you have a car. For bouldering, check out Mellby or Tolered which are accessible via public transportation or Kullavik, Häller, Sandsjöbacka or Öckerö if you have a car. Mid July is pretty hot, I´d go for Kullavik and Öckerö. They are just by the ocean and not too far away.
Sounds cool! Thanks a lot for the beta guys!
Hi, I'm going to be in Göteborg from 10th of June to13th of June. I'm looking for a partner to climb around the city. Probably I'll be avaiable on Thuesday and Wednesday after the work hours. I would appreciate if I can join somebody. I'm really motivated to cimb on the famous swedish granite! Thanks in advance! Cheers,Tamas