5 August 2014

9a+ by Hugo Meignan (18)

Hugo Meignan has done an amazing ascent of Cedric Lachat's Staphylocoque 9a+ in Pic St Loup. "In the euphoria of my first 9a Moshka, I decided to try the next route Staphylocoque directly. This route combines Moshka beginning and end of a project called Kmira (unrealized). Finally on the third day of climbing, much to my surprise and with a super fight I managed to link this beautiful route." The last few years, only around ten climbers have done 9a+ and Hugo being just 18 years old is one of the youngest ever.
2 comments
Sort by:
Date
Most commented
Jernej Kruder sends Martin Krpan (9a) sans knee pads

Jernej Kruder, who won the Boulder World Cup in 2018, has done Martin Krpan (9a) in Mišja Peč. “I would like to expose something here: I spent many tries on t…

Welcome to Vertical-Life Web

Six years after partnering with 8a.nu, we’re excited to announce the unification of the 8a.nu website and the Vertical-Life app into a single platform: Vertical…

Will Bosi repeats Return of the Sleepwalker (9A)

William Bosi has made the second ascent of Daniel Woods’ Return of the Sleepwalker (9A) in Black Velvet Canyon, after projecting it for 12 sessions. This was th…

Related
Meignan siblings again including 8a's by Naïle (9)

The Meignan family has once again had a nice week in Rodellar where Naile Meignan (9), who two months ago did Esperit Rebeld 8b, has done two 8a's and onsighted…

The Meignan sibblings set a new family standard

Hugo Meignan has done Cosi fan tutti, 8c+ in Rodellar and he says it can even be 9a. "A tuffa broke about a month ago, adding a crux 3 fourth of the way up, ins…

Three 8b+'s and an 8c by Hugo Meignan (16) and 8b+ by Toma (15)

Hugo Meignan has during the last week done three 8b+ out of which Ixeia, second go, in Rodellar. The 16 year old has also osighted four routes 7c+ and 8a. Hugo …