28 July 2014

8c/+ onsight by Francesco Vettorata

Francesco Vettorata, boyfriend to Jenny Lavarda and who was #10 in the last WC, went to St Léger with 8a as a personal onsight best. After having done his first 8b onsight, his coach pointed at L'idéal chimérique, 8c/+ in the topo, saying this was also 8b. "I immediately fell in love with the line. I took the rope and I quickly tied up- The wind was really strong and the first part of the route was continuity on discrete but distant holds with dynamic moves. Later it got more intense with smaller holds and with a really hard crux and I did it. My coach told me. "Do you know what you did? An 8c+." I didn't believe. I'm very happy with it and now I think many more things.
1 comment
Sort by:
Date
Most commented
Jernej Kruder sends Martin Krpan (9a) sans knee pads

Jernej Kruder, who won the Boulder World Cup in 2018, has done Martin Krpan (9a) in Mišja Peč. “I would like to expose something here: I spent many tries on t…

Welcome to Vertical-Life Web

Six years after partnering with 8a.nu, we’re excited to announce the unification of the 8a.nu website and the Vertical-Life app into a single platform: Vertical…

Will Bosi repeats Return of the Sleepwalker (9A)

William Bosi has made the second ascent of Daniel Woods’ Return of the Sleepwalker (9A) in Black Velvet Canyon, after projecting it for 12 sessions. This was th…

Related
Amma and Röck Arco Rock Masters

1. Sacci Amma - Magdalena Röck 2. Francesco Vettorata - Mina Markovic 3. Sean McColl - Helena Janicot Francesco, who onsighted an 8c+ this July, actually got…