30 April 2014

Jan Hojer in even better shape 2014

Jan hojer who is #3 in the 8a ranking game took a great victory in the first Boulder WC of 2014. Last year he was #8 after having won one event. (c) Eddie Fowke How come you tried the first boulder 24 times instead of saving energy? I kept trying the first dyno over and over again because I desperately wanted to have an advantage going into the other boulders especially the last one! Trying a boulder 14 times in 4 minutes might be a little uncommon, but if you compete against Dmitrii who is so much stronger, it requires weird tactics and (even more important) a lot of luck! Have you done any specific training to be better prepared 2014? This year I wanted to take the preparation for the WC's a bit more seriously, because I wasn't in good shape last year when the season started. I stretched more, ate healthier and climbed in more different gyms before we flew to China
11 comments
Sort by:
Date
Most commented
Jernej Kruder sends Martin Krpan (9a) sans knee pads

Jernej Kruder, who won the Boulder World Cup in 2018, has done Martin Krpan (9a) in Mišja Peč. “I would like to expose something here: I spent many tries on t…

Welcome to Vertical-Life Web

Six years after partnering with 8a.nu, we’re excited to announce the unification of the 8a.nu website and the Vertical-Life app into a single platform: Vertical…

Will Bosi repeats Return of the Sleepwalker (9A)

William Bosi has made the second ascent of Daniel Woods’ Return of the Sleepwalker (9A) in Black Velvet Canyon, after projecting it for 12 sessions. This was th…

Related
Florian Wientjes gets Off the Wagon (from the sit) 8C+

Florian Wientjes, who previously has done nine 8C's, reports on Insta that he has done Off the Wagon Sit (8C+) in Valle Bavona. "I started trying it on a short …

Jan hojer (16) has during the last two weeks done three 8b+ and Odd Fellow, 8c in Frankenjura. Jan was #3 in the European Youth Cup last year.

Jan hojer has flashed Darwin Dixit, 8b+ in Margalef. He also onsighted Photo-shot, 8b, there. In the 8a combined junior ranking game Jan is #3. Last year he was #2 among Juniors in the European Youth Cup.