27 April 2014

Boulder WC in China

1. Jan hojer 4t26 4b24 - Juliane Wurm 3t6 3b6 2. Dmitrii Sharafutdinov 3t5 3b5 - Shauna Coxsey 3t7 4b10 3. Jorg Verhoeven 2t9 2b9 - Akiyo Noguchi 3t12 4b13 4. James Kassay 1t1 1b1 - Alex Puccio 2t4 3b5 5. Guillaume Mondet 1t3 2b2 - Anna Stöhr 2t10 3b11 Jan Hojer and Juliane Wurm won both their second WC and in fact the first time, Innsbruck 2013, it was also a double German victory. Hojer needed 14 tries to get the bonus and top out the first problem.Juliane had secured the victory before she started the last problem. During the last twelve WC's, the worst result for Anna Stöhr was #2 and in now, she was #5 after having won the semifinal. Overall, nine of the Top-10 are 8a members. Stay tuned for a more detailed WC report.
16 comments
Sort by:
Date
Most commented
Jernej Kruder sends Martin Krpan (9a) sans knee pads

Jernej Kruder, who won the Boulder World Cup in 2018, has done Martin Krpan (9a) in Mišja Peč. “I would like to expose something here: I spent many tries on t…

Welcome to Vertical-Life Web

Six years after partnering with 8a.nu, we’re excited to announce the unification of the 8a.nu website and the Vertical-Life app into a single platform: Vertical…

Will Bosi repeats Return of the Sleepwalker (9A)

William Bosi has made the second ascent of Daniel Woods’ Return of the Sleepwalker (9A) in Black Velvet Canyon, after projecting it for 12 sessions. This was th…

Related
Florian Wientjes gets Off the Wagon (from the sit) 8C+

Florian Wientjes, who previously has done nine 8C's, reports on Insta that he has done Off the Wagon Sit (8C+) in Valle Bavona. "I started trying it on a short …

Le pied à coulisse 8C (+) by Camille Coudert

Camille Coudert, who last year sent Soudain seul (9A), has done Le pied à coulisse 8C in Fontainebleau, Insta video. It was put up by Guillaume Glairon-Mondet a…

17 October 2008

8A+ by Alex Puccio

Alex Puccio has made the 2nd female ascent, after Alex Johnson (of course) of Clear Blue Skies, 8A+, at Mt Evans. This was Alex' 2nd of the grade and she is #2 in the world ranking. Alex was #6 in the Boulder WC in Vail this spring, where she was actually in the lead after the semifinal. She also wo…