7 April 2014

Prinzip Hoffnung 8b+ trad by Christian Bindhammer (38)

Christian Bindhammer, who has done several 9a's and who has been #2 in three WC's, has done Prinzip Hoffnung 8b+ after five days projecting. The 38 year old has never tried trad climbing before and luckily he did it without any fall. "For me really something new, actually I wasn't sure how I'll climb if there is no bolt, but I was really surprised that I was very focused and absolute not nervous will trying from below. Climbing itself like toprope, the route is maybe 8b, but of course putting the gear it needs much more power and time, this makes the route around a grade more difficult. But sure you need a strong head for it... Or just to be more young and don't think to much what could happen
2 comments
Sort by:
Date
Most commented
Jernej Kruder sends Martin Krpan (9a) sans knee pads

Jernej Kruder, who won the Boulder World Cup in 2018, has done Martin Krpan (9a) in Mišja Peč. “I would like to expose something here: I spent many tries on t…

Welcome to Vertical-Life Web

Six years after partnering with 8a.nu, we’re excited to announce the unification of the 8a.nu website and the Vertical-Life app into a single platform: Vertical…

Will Bosi repeats Return of the Sleepwalker (9A)

William Bosi has made the second ascent of Daniel Woods’ Return of the Sleepwalker (9A) in Black Velvet Canyon, after projecting it for 12 sessions. This was th…

Related

Christian Bindhammer has done 1st Class Ticket, 8B+ in Nepapla Wand. Christian is #12 in the boulder world ranking.

Christian Bindhammer has added two 8B+s (which he did in April) to his scorecard: the FA of Chessdance Plus Ultra and a repeat of Jagun, both in Allgäu. Christian, who was appointed #24 Climber of the last Decade by 8a.nu, has a new cool looking website (unfortunately only in German) where one can f…

Christian Bindhammer, new 8a member

Christian Bindhammer (32) is the latest celebrity 8a member. in 1995 he was #2 in the World Youth Championship and he has been competing activly until 2007. In …