23 February 2014

Nalle Hukkataival has done Gioia 8C (+)

Nalle Hukkataival has done the third ascent of Christian Core's Gioia 8C in Varazze from 2008 which later Adam Ondra has suggested 8C+ for in 2011. If Nalle also goes for 8C+ it will be the hardest repeated boulder in the world. Core has said it might be 8C+ as some guys have speculated but he did choose to put a hard grade in order to avoid the risk of down grading. Nalle has been of the leading boulderer in the world for ten years and in 2007 he was #2 in the European Championship. Since 2009, he has not done any WC's but set up several Amazing FAs up to 8C. What does this mean to you and what is next? "Gioia was definitely a big milestone in my climbing! Happy everything came together with conditions, skin and everything and I got to finish it! I think we're moving on to Switzerland tomorrow and Font in a couple weeks.Scott Noy
27 comments
Sort by:
Date
Most commented
Jernej Kruder sends Martin Krpan (9a) sans knee pads

Jernej Kruder, who won the Boulder World Cup in 2018, has done Martin Krpan (9a) in Mišja Peč. “I would like to expose something here: I spent many tries on t…

Welcome to Vertical-Life Web

Six years after partnering with 8a.nu, we’re excited to announce the unification of the 8a.nu website and the Vertical-Life app into a single platform: Vertical…

Will Bosi repeats Return of the Sleepwalker (9A)

William Bosi has made the second ascent of Daniel Woods’ Return of the Sleepwalker (9A) in Black Velvet Canyon, after projecting it for 12 sessions. This was th…

Favorites
Katie Lamb makes history

Katie Lamb has become the first woman to climb 8C+ by completing Box Therapy (8C) in RMNP. Daniel Woods made the FA back in 2018, and only Drew Ruana and Sean B…

"It was dramatic to the very end." On the 8a finish of Project Big in Flatanger, Jakob Schubert explains that a horn broke and he was close to falling. The last three minutes of the video show just how much this climb means to him."This horn could have ended my career... This was the biggest mental …

Will Bosi repeats Return of the Sleepwalker (9A)

William Bosi has made the second ascent of Daniel Woods’ Return of the Sleepwalker (9A) in Black Velvet Canyon, after projecting it for 12 sessions. This was th…