19 February 2014

Review of The Circuit, who teams up with 8a for WC reports

This is the most impressive sport climbing magazine since the Coffee Table Book - Rock Stars from 1997. Eddie Fowke has covered most WC events in 2013 and the interview line up is amazing: Neumann, Baumann, Hojer, Wurm, Megos, Markovic, Kruder, Becan, Godoffe, Mondet, Le Nevé, Webb Parsons, Kassay, Farrell, Coxsey, Leslie- Wujastyk, Barrans and Robinson. All interviews come with really great pictures taken by Eddie himself. Here is an example with the interview with Jule Wurm who just won the Hueco Rock Rodeo. Order it here and there is no adds. As a matter of a fact we liked The Circuit so much so we asked Eddie if he could team up with 8a to write some short reports from the IFSC World Cup events and more in 2014. We are very glad that Eddie is now part of the 8a team. "It is with great pleasure that I am able to announce I will be joining the team at 8a to provide Competition reports from the IFSC World Cups and more."
4 comments
Sort by:
Date
Most commented
Jernej Kruder sends Martin Krpan (9a) sans knee pads

Jernej Kruder, who won the Boulder World Cup in 2018, has done Martin Krpan (9a) in Mišja Peč. “I would like to expose something here: I spent many tries on t…

Welcome to Vertical-Life Web

Six years after partnering with 8a.nu, we’re excited to announce the unification of the 8a.nu website and the Vertical-Life app into a single platform: Vertical…

Will Bosi repeats Return of the Sleepwalker (9A)

William Bosi has made the second ascent of Daniel Woods’ Return of the Sleepwalker (9A) in Black Velvet Canyon, after projecting it for 12 sessions. This was th…

Related
8a covers the WC 2014 through Eddie Fowke

Eddie Fowke, who runs the The Circuit WC magazine and who is going to most of the WCs in 2014, will make short reports that will be published on 8a. Here he giv…

Pre-order the Circuit
22 December 2014

Pre-order the Circuit

The Circuit, climbing’s annual magazine focusing on performance and World Cup climbing is gearing up to release it’s second issue. In January, due to popular de…

Should IFSC pick up the Psicobloc format?

Ed Fowke from The Circuit Climbing Magazine reports from the Psiocobloc comp in Milano. - Going away from the first Psicocomp I have attended I’m left with the…