1 February 2014

Two young Spanish crushers: Jerome (16) & Héctor (11)

Jerome González is 16 year-old boy from Tenerife (Canary Islands) who has recently sent an 8c, Guayota, and an 8c+ called Multiorgasmo over there. He's been flying to the Iberian peninsula to climb a bit after the comps, on some bank weekends or during his Summer holidays but now he's in need of some sort of frequent flyer plan cause he's already done with all the hard routes in his island. Read more about him in the interview we've just done him for the Spanish site. Another even younger wonder kid is the one in Roby Bienvenuti's pic, the 11 year-old Héctor Bazán, who some few weeks ago sent his second 8b with Batuka in Margalef. 'El Talismá directo' in Savassona was his first when he was 10. His interview is being edited, so check the Spanish site at mid-week if you want to know more about this guy from Catalunya. However, we had a couple of questions already published in this piece of news, out of which we translate one for you: How much work did you need to send your second 8b? "First I tried the start of the route after sending the one next to it, 'Transilvania' (8a), and I understood that I could do it. I went to try it another weekend after but wasn't able to do it. The next weekend, I placed the quickdraws and fired it off at my next go. I needed around 8 tries."
1 comment
Sort by:
Date
Most commented
Jernej Kruder sends Martin Krpan (9a) sans knee pads

Jernej Kruder, who won the Boulder World Cup in 2018, has done Martin Krpan (9a) in Mišja Peč. “I would like to expose something here: I spent many tries on t…

Welcome to Vertical-Life Web

Six years after partnering with 8a.nu, we’re excited to announce the unification of the 8a.nu website and the Vertical-Life app into a single platform: Vertical…

Will Bosi repeats Return of the Sleepwalker (9A)

William Bosi has made the second ascent of Daniel Woods’ Return of the Sleepwalker (9A) in Black Velvet Canyon, after projecting it for 12 sessions. This was th…

Favorites
Will Bosi claims the first repeat of Burden of Dreams (9A)

William Bosi has done the coveted second ascent of Nalle Hukkataival's Burden of Dreams (9A) in Lappnor, Finland, confirming the 9A grade. It was put up as the …

Katie Lamb makes history

Katie Lamb has become the first woman to climb 8C+ by completing Box Therapy (8C) in RMNP. Daniel Woods made the FA back in 2018, and only Drew Ruana and Sean B…

"It was dramatic to the very end." On the 8a finish of Project Big in Flatanger, Jakob Schubert explains that a horn broke and he was close to falling. The last three minutes of the video show just how much this climb means to him."This horn could have ended my career... This was the biggest mental …