meters to Paris
VERTICAL-LIFE STATS
Members
Total ascents
Ascents last 30 Days
Ascents last 24 hours
Open forum

Climbing a route more than one time in a year

If i climb the same route more than one time in a year (an 8a by example), is correct to put it several times in my record?.
no... i think it's incorrect way...
I personally wouldn't do it! But I saw many scoreboards of users already doing this!
I'd think about it with this example...if Chris Sharma maintained a scorecard, he could (obviously I'm not suggesting that he would care) have logged more than 25 8c+ ascents of Biographie for his redpoint attempts on Realization...does that seem right? Impressive maybe, but not really right in the context of this community. It seems that scorecard holders should only be logging one ascent of each route climbed
how about updating the date? lets say i do a 7c+, and then 6 months later repeat it, is it correct to update the date i sent it?
Well! 8a.nu says that your 10 best achievements during the last 12 months will count best! So I guess that this would be a solution we can live with!
In this ideas order: the best 10 climbs in the last 12 months. Are or not the best 10 if someone repeates the same route 10 times in 12 months, and also are the best clims in that period? (nothing to do?) Is false put them 10 times? Its true are the best 10? Mhhh! I don´t know.
You can't post the same climb 10 times.. if you do that, you're mainly cheating yourself, because no one else will respect that as a valid score card. If you repeat something that you did more than 12 months ago, then you can update the date sent. but i think the question about putting a route on a score care more than once is mute. People shouldn't do it, but even if they do, who will really respect it? so just ignore it, or report it to the webmasters.
Ive asked about this before, because I've read that repeats should be given [say 50 points less] for each repeat done on a route already climbed. That would be a good solution atleast because then I could keep track of all the routes I climb, including the ones I repeat.
Our scene is pretty small here in South Africa and its inevitable that we end up repeating the same routes despite bolting new projects every month. I just put 'repeat' in the comments field. But entering the same route more than once just to boost your points? Thats just stoopid! Perhaps the software could be altered to prevent the same route being entered twice? ie: you could only change the date or style of ascent, modify it but not duplicate it.
Samuel: I make a proof with the same route 5 times and the points obtained are the same, no more, no less. So, that´s not a valid argument. What does the administrators think about?
Thats why I said it WOULD be a good solution. I dont understand why its not already implemented. Give repeats less points.
You can put a route only once it souds logical to me. After it's your problem if you do it and do it again. Put it once in your scorecard with the date of your first ascent. It's too easy to climb routes you had already done just to win some points. And who give a fuck about your points? Do we climb just for winning points? I know a lot of people who upgraded their ascents or gave wrong infos just to win more point on 8a.nu. What is the point for doing that?
No point. Only was a question, not an intention. Relax my friend.
Surely, the purpose of the scorecard is to present the level of which one is fit. If postmaster is sends 7c+ again in 05 even though posmaster sends route in 02 he will record again to demonstrate his extraordinary level of power. If postmaster can not sends again it demonstrates that his weakness is true. Upgrade dates is sure way to demonstrate level of power and superiority.
Hi everybody! I'm talking in the name of 8a.nu (spanish editor) when I say it is not valid to submit the same route/boulder more than once a year. On the other hand, you can do it if you send it again after one year from the last date you have it in your scorecard. In the future we will add a new feature for the scorecard consisting on a different colour for those repeated routes with a discount in points, it is to say, counting less points than a new one does... Cheers!
Is there a page where all that calculating is explained in detail? Cheers
I think the correct way is to tick where it says Log only- No score so you can remember you did the ascent and keep it in record for yourself but it doesn't mess with your points.  Thats what that feature is for, isn't it?