31 January 2013

Jan Hojer - The big power house

GuiGui Mondet who did The Big Island, 8C some weeks ago watched Jan hojer repeating it. "He did it easy. It was so impressive, he is definitely my idol! I think a possible 8B sit start into an 8C, could be 9A? Adam or Jan can do it but it is to hard for me." 188 cm and 79 kilos Jan comments, "The Big Island is totally my style. I can probably reclimb it pretty fast and I believe that I might add some moves into that boulder with some work. I didn't really try the sit yet because it was super cold the day. I only made one quick "try" where I broke off a little foot- hold and due to freezing feet and hands I decided to call it a day. But I'm psyched to get on the sit some day if I can resist all the other boulders in the forest Which temperature do you think is the best for bouldering? "I like temperatures around zero to try really hard stuff or friction depending climbs but in 10-15 degrees a climbing day is more enjoyable for me :)" What are your strong and weak points? "I guess I'm good at athletic climbs, compression boulders and big moves... well, I'm not flexible and another weakness is finger strength, I train it a lot but I'm probably to fat to get super strong on crimps :) You have previously said you only boulders 4-9 hours a week. Do you do any complementary training like body power? "No, I don't do any other training or running, just a little bit of stretching... campusing boulders and campus boarding is everything I do to improve my body power! I also do some route setting at Chimpanzodrome in Frechen. (c) DAV
30 comments
Sort by:
Date
Most commented
Jernej Kruder sends Martin Krpan (9a) sans knee pads

Jernej Kruder, who won the Boulder World Cup in 2018, has done Martin Krpan (9a) in Mišja Peč. “I would like to expose something here: I spent many tries on t…

Welcome to Vertical-Life Web

Six years after partnering with 8a.nu, we’re excited to announce the unification of the 8a.nu website and the Vertical-Life app into a single platform: Vertical…

Will Bosi repeats Return of the Sleepwalker (9A)

William Bosi has made the second ascent of Daniel Woods’ Return of the Sleepwalker (9A) in Black Velvet Canyon, after projecting it for 12 sessions. This was th…

Related
Florian Wientjes gets Off the Wagon (from the sit) 8C+

Florian Wientjes, who previously has done nine 8C's, reports on Insta that he has done Off the Wagon Sit (8C+) in Valle Bavona. "I started trying it on a short …

Le pied à coulisse 8C (+) by Camille Coudert

Camille Coudert, who last year sent Soudain seul (9A), has done Le pied à coulisse 8C in Fontainebleau, Insta video. It was put up by Guillaume Glairon-Mondet a…

Jan hojer (16) has during the last two weeks done three 8b+ and Odd Fellow, 8c in Frankenjura. Jan was #3 in the European Youth Cup last year.