Forum: GLOBAL / News / Thanks for a great 2012 Login in to contribute
Thanks for a great 2012
  2012-12-26 00:00:00    
Thanks everybody who has recorded and star rated another 400 000 ascents during 2012 making it easier to find the best crags and climbs around the globe. Thanks also to everyone who has improved the data base, written and spell checked news and sent us tips for news etc etc.

8a is based on contributions from the community and we are always looking for more guys who can help out. Just spend some hours and we will send you an 8a La Sportiva T-shirt, jens@8a.nu. We are also looking for more country specific translators.

The next big thing is the great update of the 8a.nu topo App with a complete 8a scorecard feature. Later it will also be possible to get listed left to right topos for all the major crags in the world including GPS positioning.

Merry X-mas and a Happy New Year :)
Click to Enlarge Picture
OffLine Vanlu
  2012-12-26 12:07:36    
I'm still waiting for that chalkbags you'll sent me in exchange of the photos...
:(
no dude, i don't believe you anymore...

OffLine Jens Larssen
  2012-12-26 12:16:42    
I am sorry. We have never had any chalk bags to send over. Maybe you are talking about the boulder chalk bags that Mammut sent to 8a contributers. We had nothing to do about that, beside giving them the adressen of the first 350 guys who wanted them.

Please give me your adress and your size and I will send you an 8a La Sportiva T-shirt. We have sent out maybe 400 T-shirts and sure, sometimes mistakes have been done by the post office or by us. I am sorry.
OffLine simpson
  2012-12-26 12:37:56    
Grade average - just do it!
OffLine Vanlu
  2012-12-26 12:40:49    
Yes those!
hum, I see, I'm sorry too... I guess I took it too much personally, maybe because there is many bad people taking advantage from good people this days.
Anyway, thank you very much for the T-shirt,  but I'm afraid I'll will reject it, with your apologize is more than enough!
Keep on working  hard & serious.
Happy new year, love,
Vanlu

OffLine Gibbon
  2012-12-26 12:42:42    

--->Vanlu - Jens is right, it was the Mammut campaign / Mammut´s chalkbags. I got mine :)

Good year - happy holidays 8a.nu! :)
OffLine Vanlu
  2012-12-26 12:49:31    
lucky you!

happy new year!!!