22 February 2012

Michael O'Rourke (17) a rising star - 8B update

Michael O'Rourke has during the weekend done Formula 50 super sit, 8A+ in Clear Creek Canyon and flashed The Portal Sit, 7C (+) in RMNP. In the junior ranking game, Michael is #5 but he is #1 among the 17 year olds. Today, he did his first 8B Free Range in Boulder canyon. How do you train? (More in the forum) I climb every day, I get outside a couple times a week and when I'm not climbing outside I will be climbing and training in the gym. At the gym I usually spend about 3 hours climbing and another hour weight training. To train I will do hundreds of pull-ups combined with campus boarding and one arm power training.
4 comments
Sort by:
Date
Most commented
Jernej Kruder sends Martin Krpan (9a) sans knee pads

Jernej Kruder, who won the Boulder World Cup in 2018, has done Martin Krpan (9a) in Mišja Peč. “I would like to expose something here: I spent many tries on t…

Welcome to Vertical-Life Web

Six years after partnering with 8a.nu, we’re excited to announce the unification of the 8a.nu website and the Vertical-Life app into a single platform: Vertical…

Will Bosi repeats Return of the Sleepwalker (9A)

William Bosi has made the second ascent of Daniel Woods’ Return of the Sleepwalker (9A) in Black Velvet Canyon, after projecting it for 12 sessions. This was th…

Related

Michael O'Rourke has done his second 8B in two weeks, the FA of Sea of Green in RMNP. "Awesome problem on the other side of the river shown to me by DG. Crux revolves around a a very wide pinch on a roof and moving to a sharp edge.

Michael O'Rourke has done Daniel Woods Warrior up 8C (B+) in Mt Evans. "Wow its crazy how impossible this felt at first but with time unlocked the secrets to this boulder. 6 days of effort. mostly my style big moves on a roof but with a crazy non hold that needed cold weather.

Michael O'Rourke has had a great week sending seven 8A's in Joe's Valley. In the junior ranking game the 17 year old is #4.