Forum: GLOBAL / News / Data base assistance Login in to contribute
Data base assistance
  2009-07-10 00:00:00    
There are now more than 1.2 million ascents in the data base. In some cases different names are used for the same crag. Could you please write a comment to help us identify these crags and suggest which name to use, as this will improve the data base. Thanks in advance.
OffLine dom
  2009-07-10 20:51:31    
Little si and Exit 32 (USA) are the same crag.  You should get rid of Exit 32, most people call it Little si.
OffLine Atanas Kovachev
  2009-07-10 21:58:00    
In Bulgaria there are "Vraca" and "Vratca". The correct name is "Vratsa".
OffLine Pńr Lindholm
  2009-07-10 22:41:46    
Just outside of Barcelona there is a crag called Sant Llorenš del Munt. This is the correct name since it is the name of the national park (parc natural) that it lays in. Many people have registered ascents under for exampel:

* Sant Llorens
* St Llorenš del Munt
* St Llorenš de Munt (seems to be the default in the database?)
* Sant Llorenc
* St Llorens
* Sant Llorenš

Again, correct should be: Sant Llorenš del Munt

http://www.santllors.com/index.php
OffLine Farmor
  2009-07-10 23:03:44    
Thanks a lot for helping out!

Little Si and Vratsa have been corrected.

/Grandma
OffLine Maciek Adamowski
  2009-07-10 23:18:42    
"Bedkowice", "Bedkowska" and "dol. bŕdkowska" are all the same thing. The most correct name would be Dolina Bedkowska.

The same thing with "Kobylany" and "Dol. kobylanska" - you could change both to "Dolina Kobylanska".
OffLine Farmor
  2009-07-10 23:35:43    
@ Pńr

Thanks! St llorens de montgai/muntgay is the same crag as Sant Llorenš del Munt as well?
OffLine Darta
  2009-07-11 00:28:17    
Baratro and Barratro, in Trieste, Italy, are the same crag. The correct name is Baratro, wich means "precipice" or "chasm".

The correct name of Misja Pec is
MiÜja Peč (pron. misha pech).

Thank you very much.

OffLine Yughues
  2009-07-11 01:36:09    

Well, I believe that the best way to solve this problem is allow some volunteers users to get access to the database and correct the names at those crags and routes they know.

I could help with some crags in Brazil, like Anhangava, Curucaca, SŃo LuÝs and Ferradura.

For now, here are some routes of the crag called Anhangava:

- CapitŃo Caverna = CapitŃo caverna => CapitŃo Caverna
- Codigo de Útica = Cˇdigo de ╔tica => Cˇdigo de ╔tica
- Decima sinfonia = DÚcima Sinfonia => DÚcima Sinfonia
- Dragao refogado = DragŃo refogado => DragŃo Refogado
- Monica = M˘nica => M˘nica
- Porca misÚria = Porca MisÚria => Porca MisÚria
- SatŃ Te chama = SatŃ te chama => SatŃ Te Chama
- Sete Quedas = Sete quedas => Sete Quedas
- SÚtimo dia = SÚtimo Dia => SÚtimo Dia
- Srs da Verdade = Senhores da verdade => Senhores da Verdade
- Tacos Cuscos Nos Muluscos = Tacoscusco nos Molusco => Taca Os Cuscos Nos Moluscos
- Vaca Profana = Vaca profana => Vaca Profana
- Vinde a mim os top teens = Vinde a mim variante => Vinde A Mim Os Top Ten

Another way to reduce this problem is to make impossible to put special characters like ôßö, ôšö, ôÚö, etc.

Would also help it if was permitted to write only in capital letters (ôJUMBO LOVEö as an example).

OffLine Erik AhrnÚ
  2009-07-11 10:36:57    
la balme = la balme de yenne
OffLine Maciek Adamowski
  2009-07-11 11:53:13    
dupa słonia and dupa slonia are also the same, only the latter doesn't use special character "ł". Certainly it would be easier for foreign climbers if those characters weren't used, but I don't know how you'd like it, so please correct it the way you want.

PS. Now that I see the way you correct those names, I'm not sure whether it's the right thing to do. I mean, people have their ascents added with "Bedkowska" or "Bedkowice" and now if you click on any of these crag names, it shows 0 ascents in the database, instead of somehow switching you to the new "Dolina Bedkowska"... not the way I imagined this.
OffLine Dragos Fenesan
  2009-07-11 15:21:20    
in Romania:
  • "Tureni" and "Cheile Tureni" are the same crag. should be  "Cheile Tureni"
  • "Bicaz"  should be "Cheile Bicazului"
  • "Mada" or "Cheile Madei" should be "Cheile Mada"
  • "Baile Herculane" should be "Herculane"
  • "sandulesti/turzii" shoud be "Cheiele Turzii" sector "Sandulesti"
OffLine Sune Hermit
  2009-07-11 17:51:32    
I agree with the comment from Yughues: special caracters should be avoided. What are peoples thoughts about this? It would be a lot easier for foreigners to register climbs if special caracters were avoided - but it may not be to the liking of the locals? Please comment on this.

Also please check if climbs are registered for Kullen or Kullaberg. Kullen is the Danish name for Kullaberg and I think the local swedish name Kullaberg should be used.
OffLine Joooonas Schropp
  2009-07-11 19:02:17    
-there is a Ítztal, to call it Otztal is just wrong...
-Engelswand and Tumpen are the same
-Starkenbach and Affenhimmel are the same (the right name is Starkenbach)
-China Mauer and Chinesische Mauer are the same, too (I would call it Chinesische Mauer, but I┤m not sure)
-even if more people call it Adlitzgraben, I think Adlitzgrńben is right
-Črni kal, Crni Kal and črni kal are the same, but the correct name is Črni Kal
-Cala Fuili and Fuili are the same (it┤s Cala Fuili)
-MASSONE belongs to Arco
-Sardinien and Sardinia are the same, but I don┤t know what to do with that, because there are many different crags on Sardinia (like for example Cala Gonone, Cala Luna, Jerzu...). I don┤t think you can all put all that together in one crag
OffLine Farmor
  2009-07-11 20:57:01    
@ Maciek and Lorenzo
Dolina Bedkowska, Dolina Kobylanska and Baratro have been corrected.

@ Yughues
If you search for CapitŃo Caverna you get the same result as for capitŃo caverna, don't you? Since the database isn't case sensitive, we will first of all prioritize misspelled crags/routes like

Tacos Cuscos Nos Muluscos = Tacoscusco nos Molusco => Taca Os Cuscos Nos Moluscos

Thanks anyhow!

OffLine Maciek Adamowski
  2009-07-11 21:34:17    
@Farmor

Please read my last post. The way you did it it's worse than before. Most people have their ascents under "Bedkowice" and now this crag name leads to "0 ascents found" - something's wrong! You can check that, for example, using my scorecard, I have some ascents from Bedkowice in 2006 - please check it.
The way it should work is one of these:
1) Bedkowice are automatically changed to Dolina Bedkowska in all the people's scorecards
or
2) if you click on Bedkowice, or you type Bedkowice in a search field, it leads to Dolina Bedkowska.
OffLine Farmor
  2009-07-11 21:59:04    
@Maciek
I'm not webmaster so I'm not fully aware of how everything works but I belive there is an update of the crag database each night. If you take a look at your scorecard again tomorrow it will probably say Dolina Bedkowska instead. If you then click on the crag name you will see all ascents. This type of update has been done hundreds of times before and we have not had any problems before that I'm aware of at least. You are probably just too fast! But keep us posted if it hasn't changed by tomorrow!

Appreciate it!
OffLine Farmor
  2009-07-11 22:05:21    
@ Erik....La Balme has been fixed!

@ Maciek and Sune....I think we will keep special characters and original local names. We are hoping more and more people will start to use the "Search and Add" function instead of "Add" when registering ascents. That way there won't be any problems with special characters or new misspelled routes or crags or anything. It is also faster and easier to use the search and add!
OffLine Aleksandr Stepanow
  2009-07-11 22:44:16    
In Ukraine in Crimea there are "Red Stone", "Redstone", "Read Stone", "Crimea", "Krasnyy Kamen' (Ukraine)", "Krasnyy Kamen (Ukraine)", "Krasnyy Kamen" ... The correct name is Krasnyy Kamen'.
Also correct is 'crag Nikita' and incorrect is 'crag Crimea and sector Nikita in it', similarly with Krasnyy Kamen' and other crags of the Crimea peninsula.
OffLine Chris Savage
  2009-07-11 22:45:03    
There are a few erorrs with the UK crags!!

1] cheddar and cheddar gorge are the same crag!!
2]Portland is a small island part of the UK, and the Cuttings is a crag on that island!! I think its best to keep portland as the crag and then people
can write the cuttings, battleship,etc as the sector!
3]Dancing Legde , Winspit, are in the area called Swanage!! I think Swanage should be the crag, and Dancing ledge, Winspit etc should be the sector!!

The problem with the UK crags is they are mostly all small and there is a lot of them close together!! I think its best to go with the broader view - ie portland for all the crags/sectors on portland - otherwise there will be way too many crags on the website!!

OffLine dom
  2009-07-12 02:50:36    
I think Yughues has a good idea, suggesting allowing volunteers to correct the name and spelling of routes at their local crags.  There are so many errors it would be virtually impossible for the moderators to fix them all without local knowlegde.
OffLine Jens Larssen
  2009-07-12 09:18:01    

@ Dominic: You are right but we can not open, at the moment,open the data base to everyone as there might be someone who makes a mistake or on purpose write falls name.

First, webmaster has to program a control system before we can open it to everyone.

OffLine Farmor
  2009-07-12 09:47:54    
@Titifrig and Sune....done!

@Jonili.....Is Engelswand/Tumpen (which name should we use?) a sector at Ítztal or a separate crag?
OffLine Maciek Adamowski
  2009-07-12 10:36:59    
@Farmor
You were right, I checked today and my ascents are now under the new name - Dolina Bedkowska. However... this name doesn't link to anything now, it's just plain text.
OffLine Pńr Lindholm
  2009-07-12 13:17:47    
@Farmor No, it is not the same. That crag is close to Lleida.
OffLine Bartłomierz Krzepki
  2009-07-12 14:45:00    
some polish boulder spots:

Ciężkowice=Ciezkowice
Brody = Brody Iłżeckie = Brody Ilzeckie
Borzęta = Borzeta
Rzędkowice = Rzedkowice

OffLine louis de cornulier
  2009-07-13 12:53:48    

For CÚŘse, France:

a patrick
A. Patrick
A.Patrick
--> A Patrick

Au delÓ des ombres
Au-delÓ des ombres
Audela desOmbres
--> Au-delÓ des ombres

Carte Noir
Carte Noire
Carte Noire
--> Carte Noire

COIULLE DE LOUP
Covilles Du Loup
Coules de Loup
Conille de loup
Couille de Loup
couilles de loup
--> Couilles de loup

Cope de blues po
coup de bleu pour dom
Coup de blues por Dom
coup de blues pou dom
coup de blues pour d
Coup de blues pour Dom
Coup de blues...
CoupeDeBluesPourDom
doup de blues pour Dom
--> Coup de blues pour petit Dom

Face D'Iguana
Face dIguane
Face d'iguane
face iguane
--> Face d'iguane

La forteresse
La forteresse invisi
la forteresse invisible
La fortresse inv
La fprteresse in
--> La forteresse invisible

la touffe de ma
La touffe de ma dalt
La Touffe de Ma Dalton
--> La touffe de Ma Dalton

La sucettes a' l'anis
La sucettes anis
les succettes a l'anus
Les sucettes
Les sucettes a
Les sucettes a l
Les sucettes Ó l'ani
Les sucettes Ó l'anis
les sucettes l'anis
Les Sucettes..
Sucettes Ó l'anis
--> Les sucettes Ó l'anis

sea sex & sun
Sea sex and sun
Sea sex and sun
Sea sex anf Fun
sea sex sun
Sea, sex and sun
Sea, Sex, Sun
see sex & sun
--> Sea sex and sun

to be continued...

OffLine louis de cornulier
  2009-07-13 12:55:47    
something really needs to be done about excel charts, when you copy one, it leaves all those blank spaces for no reason.
OffLine Dragos Fenesan
  2009-07-13 13:02:50    
again in Romania: "Buces Vulcan" should be "Buces-Vulcan"
10x
OffLine Joooonas Schropp
  2009-07-13 13:18:10    
@Farmor: yes it is... but Oberried and Niederthai are also in Ítztal... I would put it all together except Niederthai (because its a very big and important crag)...
OffLine Bifi
  2009-07-13 14:48:28    

@Farmor
: there is a crag in Romania
, called "Belvedere-Predeal", but when you search to add routes it
appears a crag from Italy ,
called "Belvedere", and because of this many routes from Romania  , appear in crag
"Belvedere" from Italy.

So, the crag from Romania
should be called "Belvedere-Predeal", and the routes I was talking
about are :

Nirvana

Neuron

Bebe

Iesati Pulanilor= Iesiti pulanilor---> IesÔti pulanilor

I don't know

Nimath= Nimat---> Nimath

Noroc != Noroc--->Noroc!

Baieti de baieti=Băieţi de Băieţi  --> Băieţi
de băieţi

Traseul scoala= Scoala---> Traseul scoala

Clasic

Overdose

King Size

Fete de fete

Cyborg= Cyporc ---> Cyborg

Bring da Noize=Bring da noise=Bring da noiz ---> Bring da noize

Have a nice day

Game over

No job no problem =No Job No Problem= No job, no problem--->
No job no problem

Vasilica

Fulg de Nea

Nea Lica= Nea lica---> Nea Lica

Diculescu

Koko jumbo= Koko Jumbo---> Koko jumbo

Parancia virginuliu ionizat--->Paranoia virginului ionizat

Sol

OffLine Farmor
  2009-07-13 20:59:06    
@ Alexandr
I have fixed Red stone as well as a few other crags at the crimea peninsula.

@ Chris
Cheddar and Swanage are fixed. Any other locals that disagree with Chris regarding portland? Otherwise I will do as he suggests...

Thanks both!
OffLine Farmor
  2009-07-13 21:42:31    
@ dr t.

Done with the boulder spots...dziękuję!

@ everyone

there are a lot more out there....keep them coming
OffLine Max Kanel
  2009-07-13 23:03:19    
In Ukraine we have "Kam'janec'-Podil's'kyj" crag, and there is total mess with it's name. People have registered ascents with crag name:
Kamenec
Kamenets
Kamianets
Kamenec-Podolskiy
Kamianets Podolskiy
Kam`janec-Podilskyj
Kamianets-Podilskiy
Kamyanets-Podilskiy
Kamenets-Podolsky
Kamyanets' Podol'skyy
Kam`janec'-Podil's'kyj
This is the same crag, and correct transliteration is: Kam'janec'-Podil's'kyj
Thanks!
OffLine Shock
  2009-07-13 23:34:40    
If you go to Crags, change to bouldering and pick France, there are:

Bleau ---> same as Fontainebleau
Buthiers ---> area in Fontainebleau and should be Fontainebleau
Canche Aux Merciers ---> area in Fontainebleau and should be Fontainebleau

In Finland, route:

Vipavska Bela ---> not in Finland, maybe Slovenia?

In Finland, bouldering:

Kasviken ---> area in ┼land and should be ┼land

In Spain Bouldering:

Cogul --> same as El Cogul

A major problem is with Italy Routes. There is a crag called "Sardinia" which is of course a bit misleading when you have like 10 different crags from Sardinia also (e.g. Cala Gonone, Cala Luna, Domusnovas etc.). I would pour everything under "Sardinia" since all in Kalymnos is also poured under the island's name.
OffLine dom
  2009-07-13 23:43:18    
If we are talking route names as well, here is one that has been bugging me.

At the crag Little si, Rainy Day Woman is the same route as Rainy Day Women (should be spelt Women).  Also can you tell me why this route is listed at #2 on the ticklist and again at #17 even when they are spelt the same?  Is it because of the uppercase/lowercase letters?  or maybe because when you changed exit 32 to Little si you called it Little Si?

thanks
OffLine Herman
  2009-07-14 04:21:51    

fixing these DB mistakes is like "Mopping with the faucet on".

Make it easier to select an existing name from the DB then typing a new one.

OffLine Farmor
  2009-07-14 07:21:22    
@ Herman and everyone else

There is a way to register ascents without typing the route and crag name! When you are logged on...choose routes or bouders in the column on the left. In the tree view that appears click on "search & add". That takes you to a page that looks like the one you reach when you klick "Search - Tick List" in the menu at the top. The difference is that when you are searching via "Search & add" you can register ascents with just a few clicks without writing anything. Write the name of the crag you have been to and press search. A list of all ascents appears. To the right there is a pen symbol. Click on that one and a popup appears. When you see the popup you'll now what to do. Some ascents might show up in green. These are the one that you allready have registered.
OffLine Dragos Fenesan
  2009-07-14 11:54:11    
again in Romania:
"Vadul Crisului" should be "Vadu Crisului"
"Remetea" should be "Rimetea"
OffLine zapfenwolfi
  2009-07-14 14:54:24    

Ítztal:

it is a valley 35km long with several quite distanced climbing spots.

see www.climbers-paradise.com

I┤m not sure whether it makes sense to have all this with one name Ítztal. I would prefer it to have it as seperate spots. Problem is than to differ the ascents already filled in with Ítztal.

Edit - added : the decision should be made however by the locals

Wolfi

OffLine PGB
  2009-07-14 15:32:41    
Sant Llorenš del Munt and Sant Llorenš de Montgai are two different crags. I've seen some routes from Sant Llorenš de Montgai registered as if they were Sant Llorenš del Munt routes.

This are those routes:
La patum
La silla elÚctrica
Medidas desesperadas
Presidiari
Libertad condicional
Garrote Bill
Condenada a muerte
Condenada

In fact, all the routes in the Sector "Disblia" are from Sant Llorenš de Montgai.
OffLine Max Kanel
  2009-07-14 16:21:09    
I think the good way to maintain crag DB in good health is to create synonyms(common errors) list for crags.
Assume situation: user has opened "Add route" form and type incorrect crag name in "crag" field, then leaves field.
Browser sends Ajax request to the server, there should be checking of submitted value against synonyms list.
If match found - prompt user with message under "crag" field, like: "We believe that the correct name for this crag is xxxxx", where xxxxx is the correct name.
OffLine PGB
  2009-07-14 16:24:17    
More from Sant Llorenš del Munt:
There is a route called Sexe, salut i Sant Llorenš wich is registered with this different names:

Sexe,salut i St. Llorenš   
Sexe,salut y sant llorenc
Sexe, salut i sant llorenš
Sexe,salut i sant llorenš
SEXE, SALUD I SANT LLORENă
Sexo, salud y San LLorens
Sexo, Salud y Sant Llorenš
Sexe, salut i St. Llorenš
Sexo salut y Sant Llorec
Sexe, salut y sant llorenc

The route Fosca i tosca is registered as:
Tosca i fosca
Fosca i Tosca

The route Calladeta fas mÚs goig is registered as:
Calladeta fas mes go
CALLADETA ESTAS MES MACA
Calladeta ...
Calladeta ....
Calladeta
Calladeta fas mÚs goig

The route S'hi ha d'anar is registered as:
S┤hi a d┤anar
Shi ha d'Anar
S'hi ha d'anar

The route S'hi ha d'anar pel recte is registered as:
S┤hi ha d┤anar pel recte
S┤hi ha d'anar pel recte
S'HI HA D'ANAR PEL RECTE
S'hi ha d'anar recte
Si ha d'anar recte
S'hi ha d'anar pel recte

The route Blackout is registered as:
Blackout
Black out
Black Out

And for the moment that's it... I will continue updating route names in another moment ;)
OffLine Pńr Lindholm
  2009-07-14 22:36:40    
@PGB - Nice work! I'm just back from Sant Llorenc after a nice evening of climbing there. I like the crag a log!

@Farmor - I also founds routes registered under the crag "La Mola". This is the main mountain in Sant Llorenš del Munt. These ascents should also be changed to Sant Llorenš del Munt.
OffLine PGB
  2009-07-15 12:37:01    
@Farmor:
I've seen people is still finding the "old names" of the crag when they start to type it's name on the "Add routes" page instead they have 0 ascensions.

In example:
St llorenš de munt (the old, and wrong, registered name) has now a few ascents. Also this wrong name is suggested when you start typing it.
The new good name, Sant Llorenš del Munt, does not appear by default when users start to type it's name. It's confusing, despite changing crag and route names, the database should be cleaned of wrong names :)

OffLine Andrea Gennari Daneri
  2009-07-16 02:19:41    
Villanueva del Cauche and Yugoslavia (South Spain Crag) is the same spot (Yugoslavia is just the name of main sector)
OffLine Farmor
  2009-07-20 18:29:42    
@ titifrig....Buces-Vulcan is fixed. Thanks
OffLine Farmor
  2009-07-20 19:30:40    
@ Bifi...Belvedere-Predeal is fixed

@ PGB...I'm aware of that. Thats something for the webmaster but he is on vacation at the moment
OffLine Farmor
  2009-07-20 19:51:47    
@ Max Kanel....Kam'janec'-Podil's'kyj is fixed
OffLine Toni Dikov
  2009-07-20 21:09:07    
In Bulgaria
Veliko Tarnovo and st. trinity-must be Veliko Tarnovo

tiulenovo,tjulenovo and tyulenovo-tyulenovo

rila monastery and rilski manastir-rila monastery

maljovica and maliovitca-malyovitsa
OffLine joza
  2009-07-21 09:09:17    
Kamnitnik is in Slovenia, not in South Africa.
OffLine Farmor
  2009-07-22 21:18:02    
@ Shock...done! Will wait a little with Kasviken/┼land and Sardinia since I'm not sure what's best to do. I think we should keep the same distinction between crags and areas as the local guidebooks use. How are the guidebooks over ┼land and Sardinia divided?

@ Dominic Kehoe...I have fixed rainy day women. Each route will appear once for each grade that has been suggested. Upper or lower case doesn't affect that.

Vielen dank
OffLine Farmor
  2009-07-22 22:05:28    
@ louis de cornulier....done with the routes you mentioned in CÚŘse

I have to get a life... =)
OffLine Shock
  2009-07-23 00:17:54    
Topo for ┼land does not exist. The best source for problems and areas is 27crags.com (there's a google map so you can see the different areas). If you look at ┼land with the same eye as Fontainebleau then Kasviken and Geta should be under ┼land since the distance between the areas in ┼land is not big. The areas aren't that big either, any part of Cuvier in Fontainebleau is bigger than all the climbing in ┼land.

Sardinia has several topos, one covering the whole island (pietro di luna) and many regional topos covering certain parts of the island. Pietro di luna shows couple of areas in Alghero area while Alghero topo shows close to 30 and there's more developed on the moment. Fact is that the island is much much bigger than kalymnos and thus isn't totally comparable. How they should be divided depends on what is the use. For ticklist purposes, pouring everything under "Sardinia" is the choice. If however the emphasize is on getting more detailed database, then I guess those under "Sardinia" currently need to be manually put to right crags.
OffLine Florian Mastacan
  2009-07-23 23:13:19    
The fix which was done for the Romanian crag Belvedere by renaming it to Belvedere-Predeal is useless, as people will continue to add the ascents to the "regular" name which is.... "Belvedere".

I understand the same name crag is valid for a Italian crag, isn't it possible to have both crags with the same name inside the database but linked with their correct country? By doing this, when you will add your ascents you will be able to select either Belvedere from Romania or Italy (using the crag field autocomplete feature).

I repeat, the correct name is Belvedere, not Belvedere-Predeal and the actual "new" renaming might lead to future mistakes.
OffLine Shock
  2009-07-23 23:54:48    
Vecchio Leone
Vecchia Lione
Vechia Lione

They are all the same boulder. What is the real name or area, I have no idea but DG has the first 8a.nu mention of the boulder (calling it Vechia Lione) but Dosage 3 calls it "Vecchia Lione". Go figure...
OffLine joza
  2009-07-24 10:25:15    
Goltschach is in fact G÷ltschach...
OffLine Shock
  2009-07-24 15:05:19    

Bah bah black sheep
Bah Bah Blacksheep
Bah bha blakc seph.
BaBa Black Sheep
Ba, ba black sheep

All the same route, FA is by DG and he called it "Ba, Ba Black Sheep" (Video Autoroute seems to call it misleadinly "Bah, Bah Black Sheep").
OffLine Farmor
  2009-07-27 20:12:59    
@PGB and Pńr Lindholm...I'm done with Sant Llorenš del Munt/La Mola and Sant Llorenš de Montgai. Have asked webmaster to fix the crag database as well.
OffLine Farmor
  2009-07-27 21:18:11    
@andrea gennari danieri...Villanueva del Cauche is fixed as well.

Thanks
OffLine Farmor
  2009-07-27 21:34:17    
@ Florian Mastacan....thanks for clearing that up. Will take care of it
OffLine User Deactivated
  2009-07-29 08:31:45    
Veliko Tarnovo = St. Trinity

same crag = veliko tarnovo
OffLine Michael Borsdorf
  2009-07-29 23:35:26    
I would like to suggest the creation of some of the new "emerging" crags, so you could avoid some misspelling right from the start.
In Portugal, the following crags come to mind:
Meio Mango
Portas de AlmourŃo
Murches (Encosta dos Bŕbados)
Cabo da Roca
Pedreiras

And you may change "Buracas" to "Buracas do Casmilo", as there are some ascents for "Casmilo".
Thx

OffLine holden
  2009-07-30 11:55:45    
JelaÜnica (Serbia) is appearing in database as

JelaÜnica or
JelaÜnica or
Jelasnica

for routes and as

JelaÜnica or
JelaÜnica

for boulders.

I think that it would be best if you name it as

JelaÜnica

OffLine Jens J°rgensen
  2009-08-11 07:06:59    
The Bouldering area of ┼land is set under various names

Kasviken is a sector on ┼land
Ahvenanmaa is the finish name for ┼land
Djupviken is part of the ┼land bouldering areas
Geta likewise

The most used name is ┼land and also the best known, so this would make the most sense
OffLine drodino
  2009-08-11 08:43:14    
In the U.S.

-Horse Pens 40 (correct)  is listed several times:  HP40, HP 40, Horse pens and Horse pens 40.

-Little Rock City is also listed as Lrc.

OffLine Daniel Marques
  2009-08-13 20:47:51    
In Brasil there is a Crag called SŃo LuÝs do PurunŃ but some people wrote it SŃo luiz do purunŃ.

Correct: SŃo LuÝs do PurunŃ
OffLine Farmor
  2009-09-07 18:45:44    
@Joza....G÷ltschach is fixed
OffLine Farmor
  2009-09-07 18:50:00    
@ Shock...so is Ba, Ba Black Sheep
OffLine Farmor
  2009-09-07 20:06:57    
@ ioni, holden, drodino and daniel marques...done! Thanks
OffLine PGB
  2009-09-08 16:16:22    
As the old name "St llorenš de munt" appears suggested when introducing new ascents, a lot of people has logged ascents with this wrong name instead of "Sant Llorenš del Munt". Would be nice to fix it and fix the suggested name ;)
OffLine User Deactivated
  2009-09-09 12:23:13    

thanks

and in this crag ( Veliko Tarnovo, which is also the same with veliko, v.turnovo, v. turovo, v turnovo, velikotarnovo , USTETO, st. troica, Sv.Troitsa,Bulgariya ; Sv.Troitza,Bulgaria and Sv.Trinity,Bulgariya ) :

the three lions = three lions = 3 lions = trite lava= tree lions = the tree lions 

fire blade = fireblade

shopska salad = shopsky salad = shopska salat = shopska salata

challanger = challaner 

very rough = mnogo grubo

round the hole = near the hole = okolo dupkata=raund the hope 

stairway to heaven = slairway to heaven

russian roulette = Russian Roullete = russian roulete = ruska ruletka

first win = prva pobeda

rom = rum

narkoman = narcoman

inoxiduble=incorrosive

crucial point = crutial point= critical point = kritichna tochka = kriticna tocka

the branch=kolonkata

fighting partner= sparing partnor

OffLine joza
  2009-09-10 09:54:48    
I found 3 different names for Črni kal (correct); crni kal and črni kal.
OffLine joza
  2009-09-10 10:16:38    
In Kupljenik you have a lot of different names:

correct                                                       also used

Klub ljubiteljev Kuplenka                           Klub ljubiteljev Kupljenika,
                                                                     Klub ljubiteljev Kupljenka

Ča-Ča-Ča                                                      Ca ca ca

Bicycle Rise                                               Bicycle rase
                                                                    Bicycle Rase

KuÜčar                                                         Kuscar

Babji zob                                                      Babyi Zob

The show must go on                                 Show must go on
                                                                   The show must go on!

Tit Andronik                                                Titandronik
                                                                     Tit andronik

Äivljenje                                                       Zivljenje
OffLine Farmor
  2009-10-10 08:32:39    
@ Ioni and PGB.....I'm done

Keep them coming...
OffLine Farmor
  2009-10-10 09:04:52    
@ Joza...I'm done but is Kupljenik and Bohinjska bela the same crag?
OffLine Ted Kingsnorth
  2009-10-11 10:26:37    
In the UK, there is no crag called 'Stoney Point', which I believe might be in the USA. The correct name is 'Stoney Middleton', which is sometimes shortened to 'Stoney'. This area is near to Sheffield and has lots of historic bouldering, made famous by Jerry Moffat and Ben Moon, amongst others. See Revelations by Jerry for more details.  

Currently, all ascents at Stoney automatically appear as being at Stoney Point. Can this be changed please?
OffLine Shock
  2009-10-11 12:13:03    
In crags, France, there's CeŘse and Ceuse. They should be the same.
OffLine Farmor
  2009-10-11 22:00:27    
@ Ted and Shock.....done.

Thanks
OffLine joza
  2009-10-12 11:42:43    
Kupljenik and Bohinjska bela are in fact in some guidebooks the same area, but in others like the on - line guidebook for Slovenia (http://www.plezanje.net/climbing/db/index.asp?file=cragIntro.xml&p_cc=SI&p_ord=n), they are divided. I prefer two different crags, as they are a bit apart from each other. They used to be together, when there were just 3 routes in Kupljenik, but that changed...

In the link above, you can check a perfect on line guidebook, with all routes from Slovenia (and some abroad), which you can rate on your own oppinion. There is also an 8a.nu ranking included in which the program takes the average route grade for calculatin, based on climbers oppinions. You can also have a climbing diary and pick routes from the database that you climbed that day, choose from red point, flash, on sight, top rope, doing all the moves... And than you have a lot of statistics by simply clicking on the crag it shows you all your visits there, or by clicking a route it shows you all yours tries... I think, that you can really look up to it and sometime in the future get your database there.
OffLine Daniel Keller
  2009-10-13 12:12:38    
hi
simplon, Sempione and simplon dorf are the same
The right name is "Simplon Dorf". sempione is the italian name of the crag. but as the crag is in a german region it should have the german name

Ticino isn't a crag it is a region in switzerland
on most of the routes, the right crag-Name is mentioned as Sector!

Interlaken isn't a crag, it is a town. There are several crags arround interlaken:
Dńllenboden, Bockstor, Wilderswil, Lehn, Neuhaus, Harder, LuegibrŘggli

Val Pennavaire in Italy is a complete Valley (similiar to Oetztal) and there are a lot of different Crags with different Sectors.

The same for Finale or Finale Ligure: Finale Ligure is a town with a lot of different crags with different sectors.
OffLine Farmor
  2009-10-24 08:20:51    
@ danielk k
done with simplon dorf, ticino and interlaken....thanks
OffLine joza
  2009-10-27 10:08:06    
You have 3 different names for one of the most popular crags in Slovenia, Črni kal (correct). You can also find Crni kal and črni kal. It's all the same...

There are also two different names for Kri×evska vas (correct), also used Krizevska vas.
OffLine gianluca
  2009-10-27 11:33:18    
In crags, France, there's CeŘse and Ceuse. They should be the same.

the correct french spelling is "
CÚŘse". Notice "Ú" and most important the "Ř". If you don't put the "Ř", a french that never heard the name would pronounce it as "Suus", istead of "Say-use"
another less common name, but technically correct, is "CÚuze", which is a really local/regional spelling for the cliff (it is not exactly common french)

@shock
if it was meant to be italian, "Vecchio Leone" is the correct spelling. This name also appears in bernd zangerl's "memento" movie (is he the FA?)
"vecchia lione" is mis-typed italian, but could very well be done on purpose. go figure...
OffLine Łowca Szemranek
  2009-11-13 00:01:46    
Będkowice = Dolina Będkowska
OffLine anderfo
  2009-11-13 02:25:22    
there are 727 ascents registered for "Sardinia" (in Italy) and where the Village or the Crag name is set as a Sector name. This makes a mess...

For example, change (from) --> (to):
Sardinia/Biddiri scottai --> Cala Gonone/Biddiriscottai
Sardinia/Biddiriscottai --> Cala Gonone/Biddiriscottai
Sardinia/Arcadio --> Cala Gonone/Arcadio
Sardinia/Millenium --> Cala Gonone/Millennium
Sardinia/Millennium --> Cala Gonone/Millennium
Sardinia/Calla Fuili --> Cala Gonone/Cala Fuili
Sardinia/Cala Fuili --> Cala Gonone/Cala Fuili
Sardinia/Fuili --> Cala Gonone/Cala Fuili
Sardinia/Buchi arta --> Cala Gonone/Buchi arta
Sardinia/Cala Luna --> Cala Gonone/Cala Luna
Sardinia/Dorgali --> Dorgali
Sardinia/La Noce Secca (Dorgali) --> Dorgali/La Noce Secca
Sardinia/Isili --> Isili
Sardinia/Isili (Pietra filosofale) --> Isili/Pietra filosofale
Sardinia/Isili, pietra filosofale --> Isili/Pietra filosofale
Sardinia/Isili ( Urania) --> Isili/Urania
Sardinia/The Lemon House, Ogliastra --> Ogliastra/The Lemon House
Sardinia/Jerzu Isola del Tesoro Ogliastra--> Jerzu/Isola del Tesoro
Sardinia/Isola del Tesoro, Ogliastra --> Jerzu/Isola del Tesoro
Sardinia/Isola del Tesoro, Jerzu (Ogliastra) --> Jerzu/Isola del Tesoro
Sardinia/Palazzo d'Inverno Jerzu Ogliastra --> Jerzu/Palazzo d'Inverno
Sardinia/Palazzo d'Inverno Jerzu --> Jerzu/Palazzo d'Inverno
Sardinia/Monte Scoine (Ogliastra) --> Ogliastra/Monte Scoine
Sardinia/Serra Oseli, Ogliastra --> Ogliastra/Serra Oseli
Sardinia/Lucertole al Sole Ogliastra --> Ogliastra/Lucertole al Sole
Sardinia/Porto Santa Maria Navarrese, Ogliastra --> Ogliastra/Porto Santa Maria Navarrese
Sardinia/Gola di San Giorgio Osini --> Osini/Gola di San Giorgio

Wow you have a lot of work to do. But hopefully, after fixing all this and if people start using "Search & Tick" these problems will decrease...
OffLine anderfo
  2009-11-13 02:58:44    
Regarding the crag Hell in Norway, there are quite a few misspelled route names:

Bj÷rnm÷te -> Bj°rnem°te
Din jaevel -> Din jŠvel
Dr°mmen om laila -> Dr°mmen om Lajla
Gammel-erik -> Gammel Erik
Gammel erik -> Gammel Erik
Go to hell -> Go to Hell
Hell aldersheim -> Hell Aldersheim
*Helsing frň ho mor -> Helsing frň ho mor
I negerns vold -> I negerens vold
Johnny kraft -> Jonny Kraft
Klassikern -> Klassikeren
M÷rkrets Furste -> M°rkets f°rste